The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Daylight Hours Chat Cafe

deadmau5

Nice. I remember finding $5 in my jeans a couple weeks back. It also survived the laundry, but it shrunk in the wash! Not by much, but it was funny at the time.

Random thing - A fun thing to do with some friends in a nothing class is to piss the teacher off to the point where she's about to turn red and have smoke come out of her ears (like in cartoons), and then scream. Then soon after, leave class to go watch a basketball game in the gym without telling her. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Nice. I remember finding $5 in my jeans a couple weeks back. It also survived the laundry, but it shrunk in the wash! Not by much, but it was funny at the time.

Random thing - A fun thing to do with some friends in a nothing class is to piss the teacher off to the point where she's about to turn red and have smoke come out of her ears (like in cartoons), and then scream. Then soon after, leave class to go watch a basketball game in the gym without telling her. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Actually, isn't it the contrary? From my understanding, while it's still add/drop period, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you like, because you're free to add and drop courses as you please - or even attend classes without being signed up for them. I have a student handbook and that's what it suggests, especially when you're picking electives (so that you can choose what suits your interests). Furthermore, most profs don't notify their students of which text books to get prior to the start of term... The news usually comes out the very first class. And of course, because most classes begin in such a fashion, the bookstore is pretty much always crammed with people for the first week of the semester.

Lastly, since getting textbooks is the responsibility of the student, profs don't waste their time on students who don't have them. Their job is to teach - it is up to the student to learn. There is no place for learning if the students get kicked out of class - and that's how I see it. No matter what students do, the professors are always getting paid and the students are paying.

If I forget my books next time I'm just going to refuse to leave lol.

Yeah if they haven't told which textbooks to get until after the first class then I can see where you are coming from. Personally though, I would have gone and bought the book right after my first class because I know I would obviously need it for next class. I've never actually had to do so because I've always known beforehand and bought my books before the 1st class.

As for the people who were just sitting in to get a feel, I guess he shouldn't have kicked them out, but for the real students they should have their books by the 2nd class without excuses. Just because you are allowed to add/drop classes for the first little bit after a semester starts doesnt give every student free reign to just "do whatever" for the first few classes.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

epic fail

i decided to drive my moms car outta the garage, and well

i thought it would be cool to speed out of there

well i ended up scrated the whole front bumper LOL now she told mei gotta pay for it

she is so mad

fml

I woke up at 8:30am because my mom was getting really pissed off that she couldn't find a dollar and that my step-dad or anybody else (I didn't offer my loonie) in the house had a loonie. Gawd, go to the freaking customer service and borrow one. :angry:

I got outta bed after she left because I knew I woulda had to go with her if she knew I was awake. :P

Archived