The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Walking Dead

egatti

I didn't see the entire first episode and I just saw the entire thing again. The kid mentions that in Atlanta is the Center for Disease Control. I am almost certain that there will be something involving them. I doubt they would be completely overrun. It wouldn't be hard to fortify this building against a zombie attack. That helicopter must be a military one or else the show's producers aren't taking into account the massive size of the US military.

ctrfordiseasecontrolshowcase.jpg

I didn't see the entire first episode and I just saw the entire thing again. The kid mentions that in Atlanta is the Center for Disease Control. I am almost certain that there will be something involving them. I doubt they would be completely overrun. It wouldn't be hard to fortify this building against a zombie attack. That helicopter must be a military one or else the show's producers aren't taking into account the massive size of the US military.

ctrfordiseasecontrolshowcase.jpg

The thing is that it's a scenario that essentially will never happen. It is not supposed to be realistic in that sense.

I can see small pockets of the military operating, but nothing near the organization and mass that it is at now (in consideration the hypothetical situation of the story). Also, if it is in small pockets their main focus would most likely be survival.

It is also based f a graphic novel, so it is not like they have much choice as to the storyline.

Of course it would be crushed in a instant with brutal force but I just think they would be totally unrealistic if there were no military remaining. I wonder if they will have any mention of what happened in the rest of the world.

From what I read in reviews, the storyline has gone quite bit away from the graphic novel featuring many different characters and events. In principal it might be the same but producers don't like being handicapped with what they are allowed to do.

i was hoping the sister would come back and bite the other one while she was hysterical, as I don't like her character either.

Does anyone else think that Murel (sp?) somehow lured those zombies into the truck he stole, and then drove them up to and unleashed them on the camp? I have a hard time believing a giant mass of zombies would travel in a pack up to the camp by themselves. That's one vindictive bastard.

I would drive as far North as I can and try to join some Inuit. They live in very remote areas and their sled dogs could probably sniff out any zombies from a distant if they even made it that far without freezing. Also they are self sustaining so it would be alright.

The hard part is escaping. I would search out the nearest gun store in the phone book and try to get there. I have a katana and a rapier but no gun. With the swords, I could probably get to a vehicle at least if I am not swarmed.

frozen paintballs, while painful, are not lethal and would not be able to fell a zombie. I'd be curious to see if they break off and show different areas of the world. perhaps at the end of a season (after they feel they have told all the stories they can with their current location/cast) they switch over to a different country for the next season? It's a way to extend the series without jumping the shark for sure. They can even come back to the original story line later if they choose. they could also just do spinoffs of the original, like "The Walking Dead: China" etc. Like CSI's various incarnations and whatnot.

frozen paintballs, while painful, are not lethal and would not be able to fell a zombie. I'd be curious to see if they break off and show different areas of the world. perhaps at the end of a season (after they feel they have told all the stories they can with their current location/cast) they switch over to a different country for the next season? It's a way to extend the series without jumping the shark for sure. They can even come back to the original story line later if they choose. they could also just do spinoffs of the original, like "The Walking Dead: China" etc. Like CSI's various incarnations and whatnot.

You know what I think will be a great plot line in all this? If they go to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention headquarters in Atlanta but they that the researchers and doctors there have resorted to inhumane methods in a desperate attempt to find a cure. They experiment on zombies but they are also taking uninfected humans and infecting them to study it all. The survivors are taken in but then they are forced to become guinea pigs.

Archived