The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

hiigins-raymond

fearlessfred

You don't seriously get the irony of making fun of a guy's name, insinuating that he is 10 years old, when your name is AWESOME POSSUM, and your signature is actually a cartoon possum?

My name is a reference to an ex-Canuck who had a very respectable career.

Your name recalls the time you noticed that "Awesome" rhymes with "Possum".

Surely I'm not the only one who notice the irony?

Tambi, Raymond,Higgins it will be the who can deal with the pressure the best. Pressure is the enemy in sports and can cause guys to reduce their focus. I think each player has different tools and one might not be a replacement for another. Tambi= sharp shooter, Raymond=speed, Higgins= defensive forward so the players are not necessarily compatible to replace each other.

My view is this isn't a VS who is better than who. This is a opportunity for Raymond to learn. Higgins is a decent sniper and there are many aspects of him that Raymond can learn from. Creativity, deception, when to shoot and when to pass. If Raymond losses his 2nd line position to Higgins it is not the end of the world. Raymond should learn from him and so next year he will come back even better.

At the end of the day Raymond's aim is to be a top level sniper in the league eventually, doesn't have to be this year right away.

Here is a good video. Fore check leads to a turn over. Than use "deception" to get to the middle and scores.

Another good video. Fore Check. "Deception" X2. Keep his head up. Pass and leads to a goal.

Archived