The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The 2011-12 Chicago Wolves Thread

b3.

Connauton or Granani  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nathan Longpre was loaned to the Springfield Falcons of the AHL as a payoff to Columbus for the Pahlsson deal. he wasn't getting ice time in Chicago and was on the outside looking in, seems like this is for the best for him.

apparently it was according to his personal twitter account (if anyone has it, could you confirm?)

http://www.wolfkeeper.org/board2/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8138&view=unread#unread

I mean should we? First we traded Grabner for Ballard who is nothing short of a complete bust... Grabner who was just showing glimpse of being that top 6 guy. Hodgson who we developed for almost 4 years... that I myself amongst other fans followed him every step of the way... From posting his points in a game with Brampton... posting almost every interview, goals, Moose games.... and finally NHL games... And for what?

So Mike Gillis can piss away our most promising prospects so other teams can reap the rewards?

I'm completely pissed right now. I'm not going to bother following another prospect until I know that he has made the team. It's a complete waste of my time.

I know I'm not developing Hodgson myself... but I got to say I've INVESTED A LOT of TIME and effort on him. I'm not going to continue this crap anymore and see my harvest get eaten by crows.

If you think Burke was much worst in getting rid of picks... at least he didn't develop the prospects first for 4 years to trade them away for mediocrity....

What has Mike got to show for his 4 years of drafting? No one is on the team... only Hodgson was and NOW HIS GONE!

Bring back my Hodgson!

Sanford, you are NOT a GM of an NHL team and you DO NOT know what MG did will take us over the top or not, so until the results are known, this conversation is pointless.

CoHo was NOT a factor in the playoffs last year, and the goal is too win the Stanley Cup, maybe, just maybe what MG did will make it happen.

Everyone is shocked we dealt Cody but we needed some toughness and now we got it, lets wait and see how Zack pans out before crucifying Gillis.

Its part of the hockey, players get traded. We all loved CoHo and are pissed he's gone( me included) but for the team overall it was good trade. CoHo would never get the opportunity to excel on our team. We're simply too deep through the center. Plus now you can invest your time and effort into Kassian, who by all rights could pan out as a better player for us.

Sanford, you are NOT a GM of an NHL team and you DO NOT know what MG did will take us over the top or not, so until the results are known, this conversation is pointless.

CoHo was NOT a factor in the playoffs last year, and the goal is too win the Stanley Cup, maybe, just maybe what MG did will make it happen.

Everyone is shocked we dealt Cody but we needed some toughness and now we got it, lets wait and see how Zack pans out before crucifying Gillis.

Like I said, I would have not mind if Cody was traded for Quality players who has proven themselves... but we traded him for a guy that has 3 goals in 27 games...

How does Mike expect this 21 year old to score goals let alone provide that physicality we so need? To me that's asking a lot for a young kid. We had the cap space....and we went for players that could only pan out in the "future". This trade to me does not make sense.

We've created a dilemma. Instead of 3 scoring lines we could potentially depend on the first 2 lines... What happens when Kesler and the Sedins are shut down? I almost forgot Pahlson with his 2 goals can save the day.

Like I said, I would have not mind if Cody was traded for Quality players who has proven themselves... but we traded him for a guy that has 3 goals in 27 games... How does Mike expect this 21 year old to score goals let alone provide that physicality we so need? To me that's asking a lot for a young kid. We had the cap space....and we went for players that could only pan out in the "future". This trade to me does not make sense. We've created a dilemma. Instead of 3 scoring lines we could potentially depend on the first 2 lines... What happens when Kesler and the Sedins are shut down? I almost forgot Pahlson with his 2 goals can save the day. The "Hodgson dilemma because his stuck behind Kesler and Sedin" is a stupid excuse.... one that I'm not buying.

Its part of the hockey, players get traded. We all loved CoHo and are pissed he's gone( me included) but for the team overall it was good trade. CoHo would never get the opportunity to excel on our team. We're simply too deep through the center. Plus now you can invest your time and effort into Kassian, who by all rights could pan out as a better player for us.

Nathan Longpre was loaned to the Springfield Falcons of the AHL as a payoff to Columbus for the Pahlsson deal.  he wasn't getting ice time in Chicago and was on the outside looking in, seems like this is for the best for him.

apparently it was according to his personal twitter account (if anyone has it, could you confirm?)

http://www.wolfkeepe...w=unread#unread

You sound like a fifteen year old girl. YOU NEVER LET ME HAVE ANY FUN!

My goodness... Do you know how many defensemen we have on the Wolves right now? Also, two more playing in Sweden who could potentially make the jump next year and one in the collegiate ranks? Erixon was expendable (and Ellington was even more so)

Hodgson for Kassian is a developed prospect for another (slightly less) developed prospect so I don't even know how it factors in to this kind of a statement.

Archived