The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rioting in Vancouver Tonight

DonLever

i really dont understand how people have the heart to watch/read about this stuff.......

CDC is the only hockey related thing i have visited since the disaster of wednsday.. and for me, here is a place to share thoughts with sympathetic fans, and vent a little

I absolutey have my tv off, avoided all sports pages, have put all my jerseys, game towels, and other canuck related stuff in the back of the closet... and cannot even stand to hear the term "boston" "stanley cup" "riot" etc....

I hate boston soo much, that i have started to like the red sox alot less now.. (even though i used to be a fan)

Hockey for me right now, is like alcohol after a terrible hangover..

the thought of it is absolutely revolting...

Good post. I agree that most of the "anarchists" that I know (and I'm betting I know more of them than most people here) are mostly serious, dour, rather humorless sorts who would never sully their conciousness with something as mundane as a mere hockey game. They usually save their energy for important gigs like the G20. Also remember the several attempts of the police to impersonate "anarchist" rioters (looked pretty close but strangely they all wore the same boots that the cops wear) and to incite rioting that happened back east awhile back. I'm more inclined to think that it was just drunken thugs of no particular political bent. The media is trying valliantly to distance the Canucks and their fans from this event despite overwhelming evidence that it was at least casual supporters of the Canucks that did the majority of the damage. This is OK I guess. Unless you're an anarchist.

Ya it's surreal. I though we would be proudly celebrating right now not this.

ryan reynolds mentioned he was from van and someone yelled out go bruins. He looked into the crowd and said, " thanks, I know we lost the hockey game. don't worry I'll find u." was kinda funny.

I heard that the girl was actually stabbed in the neck and that's why her boyfriend was kissing her? Complete hearsay, though.

I dislike both O'Brien and Leno, and their making fun of such a terrible event makes them classless in my eyes.

Especially Leno.

I heard that the girl was actually stabbed in the neck and that's why her boyfriend was kissing her? Complete hearsay, though.

I dislike both O'Brien and Leno, and their making fun of such a terrible event makes them classless in my eyes.

Especially Leno.

i really dont understand how people have the heart to watch/read about this stuff.......

CDC is the only hockey related thing i have visited since the disaster of wednsday.. and for me, here is a place to share thoughts with sympathetic fans, and vent a little

I absolutey have my tv off, avoided all sports pages, have put all my jerseys, game towels, and other canuck related stuff in the back of the closet... and cannot even stand to hear the term "boston" "stanley cup" "riot" etc....

I hate boston soo much, that i have started to like the red sox alot less now.. (even though i used to be a fan)

Hockey for me right now, is like alcohol after a terrible hangover..

the thought of it is absolutely revolting...

The City of Vancouver and the Police Department should shoulder some of the responsibility since there was not adequate policing and planning. By packing more than 100,000 people in a few blocks they were asking for trouble

I was in downtown Vancouver tonight. A police car parked next to The Bay. Within minutes, it was covered with Post-It notes of thanks.

5841333915_0f07a2b0ba.jpg

vancouver-car2 by BuckyHermit, on Flickr

5841882554_d8a8b8cdaa.jpg

vancouver-car1 by BuckyHermit, on Flickr

Eventually the 2 officers came back. The crowd gave them a huge round of applause... and then the officers realized that their car's not going anywhere, lol. They decided to just get their stuff and leave it there overnight since the thank-you notes were pouring in fast and furious; they hitched a ride back with other officers.

Archived