The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Are there going to be any changes to the scoring

Structure?

Penalty minutes will be looked at.. but nothing for sure right now. Other than that, I doubt much if anything will change. If we can get shot blocks in there, stuff like that, maybe. But for now, that's on the back burner.

Just my 2 cents -- but I would hate to lose a playoff spot or series because of blocked shots.

:lol: Just ask the Washington Capitals vs Montreal a few years back. Or Washington against Pittsburgh :unsure: ... Or Washington against the Rangers this year.... :huh:

Just ask Washington.... :P

200px-Columbus_BlueJackets.svg.png

Changes are coming to the Columbus Blue Jackets, and are coming quick. At a press conference late Friday, new interim General Manager SheaWeber6 had the following words to the small amount of media present:

"First and foremost, it is an honour to be in this league and have the opportunity to run a franchise in such a well run, managed and respected league. This organization has been through a lot over the past few years, and some changes are for sure coming forth in the coming days and weeks. We were hoping to have a high pick in this years draft because of our sub-par year, but with that picking being traded, we are now looking to move up and build our team with young pieces, starting that era with the draft in a few weeks."

As for the team's direction, the GM stated that they are planning to go the Florida Panthers route and that of Dale Talon, hoping to build through the draft, and land some free agents that will be productive for them in the upcoming season. In addition to that, he stated that he is looking to start dealing off the bat, and will be listing some available players, but it is more than likely that most players are available.

Once again, he was all smiles when at the presser, and he looks excited to take the reigns of the team and lead them into the playoffs.

- Columbus Dispatch, Ohio

Archived