The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Thought you'd be too busy worrying about Man Utd's poor start under Moyes to post in here

;)

ha ha yeah.......just a bit!!! anyone who has watched United properly over the past couple of seasons would know we are a team in need of a major overhaul, we won our last couple of Championships because the rest of the league was so poor. You only need to look at the Champions League to see how far back we have gone. We are a quarter final team at best in that competition. The encouraging thing for this season, in the league at least, is we are not that far behind when to be fair, we should already be dead and buried. City and all their spending are no better, Chelsea are a disaster waiting to happen with the not so special anymore one at the helm.....I think they forgot they sacked him and his handling of Mata....their player of the year for the last 2 years is a shambles and as for Liverpool......Brenda is so deluded its untrue, Sturidge and Suarez the top strike partnership in the league? Don't make me laugh.....maybe, once either of them has actually won something then we can start to take them seriously. I still think Suarez will go, probably in January. While on the subject of the scousers, I was at the league cup game last week, in the lower tier of the East stand, directly below the tramps and with about 20 minutes left a flare, thrown from the top tier, shot passed me at shoulder height, missing by about a foot.....hit the concrete stairwell wall in front of me, bounced and hit a bloke there with his 11 year old son......from there on, the rest of the match, they were throwing coins, bottles, smoke bombs and anything else they could get their hands on. A good few people were hit and hurt in our section of the stand and they wonder why they have the reputation they do........Liverpool FC, offended by everything, ashamed of nothing......the city of self pity, always the victim, never their fault

Just back from the game. Almost 6 hours of driving today :bored:

I think that it goes without saying that I'm very disappointed. Scott Brown is an idiot for even trying what he did, even if I think it only warranted a yellow. Debatable I guess, but if he hadn't been such an idiot we wouldn't be talking about it. Neymar is a diving wee sh*t. All in all a decent day though. Atmosphere was sensational in the second half and the Barca fans were classy as always. Barca deserved it on the balance of play obviously, but I think we could have got something if it weren't for the sending off. I guess I'll never know.

Celtic played a great game overall. A lack of judgement from Brown ultimately lead to their demise. They should hold their heads high though for holding off the best (arguably) team in the world to one goal.

Yeah, shame we couldn't repeat last year's performance but I'm proud of the boys and the reception the fans gave them even when they were losing.

Scousers 3 - Sunderland 1. 13 points from 6 games and 2nd place is a nice start. 9 out of the next 12 points would be nice. Arsenal will be a tough one. Suarez / Sturridge duo could be the best in the EPL.

Go, Reds!

Can't wait for the game against Arsenal, I think both teams could still be top of the standings as they both have it pretty easy until they meet up. I'm not a fan of Suarez but you can't deny how good he is.

Can't wait for the game against Arsenal, I think both teams could still be top of the standings as they both have it pretty easy until they meet up. I'm not a fan of Suarez but you can't deny how good he is.

Cheers, Bizarre. I'm not a fan of Suarez' antics, but, as a footballer, there are few better in the world right now. After the Palace match, where both Suarez and Sturridge scored, it's hard to deny that they are the best strike partnership in the EPL right now.

ha ha yeah.......just a bit!!! anyone who has watched United properly over the past couple of seasons would know we are a team in need of a major overhaul, we won our last couple of Championships because the rest of the league was so poor. You only need to look at the Champions League to see how far back we have gone. We are a quarter final team at best in that competition. The encouraging thing for this season, in the league at least, is we are not that far behind when to be fair, we should already be dead and buried. City and all their spending are no better, Chelsea are a disaster waiting to happen with the not so special anymore one at the helm.....I think they forgot they sacked him and his handling of Mata....their player of the year for the last 2 years is a shambles and as for Liverpool......Brenda is so deluded its untrue, Sturidge and Suarez the top strike partnership in the league? Don't make me laugh.....maybe, once either of them has actually won something then we can start to take them seriously. I still think Suarez will go, probably in January. While on the subject of the scousers, I was at the league cup game last week, in the lower tier of the East stand, directly below the tramps and with about 20 minutes left a flare, thrown from the top tier, shot passed me at shoulder height, missing by about a foot.....hit the concrete stairwell wall in front of me, bounced and hit a bloke there with his 11 year old son......from there on, the rest of the match, they were throwing coins, bottles, smoke bombs and anything else they could get their hands on. A good few people were hit and hurt in our section of the stand and they wonder why they have the reputation they do........Liverpool FC, offended by everything, ashamed of nothing......the city of self pity, always the victim, never their fault

Just curious, topbananas, which strike partnership do you see as firing better than Suarez-Sturridge, right now, as of October 7th?