The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

Lewandowski to Bayern makes RVP look less like a traitor.

Dortmund will move on and replace him, as hard as that may seem to be.

I'm sure they've been preparing for this news since last year, not sure who I could see them going for this summer.

I've heard that Dortmund have been kicking the tires on Benzema with a possible swap for Gundogan.

Gundogan + Cash most likely. Personally, I'd love to see Balotelli on Dortmund, I think he would fit their style very nicely him and Aubameyang would seriously give them such a badass attack. you have a man as fast as Usain Bolt, and then someone as strong on the ball and strong shots in Balotelli.

anyone watch Ballon d'Or last night? extremely tacky event, but nice to see Messi's girlfriend all the same.

Was nice to see Fat Ronaldo, too. As great as Messi and C. Ronaldo are, I think Fat Ronaldo is the best player I've ever watched. dude was pure magic

• Upvote 1

Gundogan + Cash most likely. Personally, I'd love to see Balotelli on Dortmund, I think he would fit their style very nicely him and Aubameyang would seriously give them such a badass attack. you have a man as fast as Usain Bolt, and then someone as strong on the ball and strong shots in Balotelli.

What do you make of Ibra saying that he'd join BVB for free? I think he is just talking for the sake of talking, but he would really fit in and he is expendable with Cavani on the team.

What do you make of Ibra saying that he'd join BVB for free? I think he is just talking for the sake of talking, but he would really fit in and he is expendable with Cavani on the team.

Yeah I could see Zlatan giving it a go in the Bundesliga while he still has it, he's performed well in virtually ever major league except the EPL and Germany

• Upvote 1

It's dumb because Mata's "unhappiness" stems directly from Mourinho benching him and JM tries to play it off as if he was doing him a favour and Mata was upset for other reasons.

Courtois, Mata, De Bruyne, all young players that were supposed to be there a long time. Lukaku next?

It's dumb because Mata's "unhappiness" stems directly from Mourinho benching him and JM tries to play it off as if he was doing him a favour and Mata was upset for other reasons.

Courtois, Mata, De Bruyne, all young players that were supposed to be there a long time. Lukaku next?

Mourinho is the AV of the EPL, choosing old hands over promising kids.

I wish Wenger would seal the deal with Draxler and find a good striker to back-up Giroud.

• Upvote 2

So happy United got Mata! I didn't believe the rumours because I thought Chelsea would be smart enough not to sell a top player like that to a rival! Great debut today as well. Also to HowYaDrouin, Ronaldo signed a 5 year contract extension with Madrid, so he isn't going anywhere.

Edited by Malkin Cookies

Why would United sign Ter Stegen?

De Gea is arguably the best shot stopper in the Premier league, ill give him that. However, he far too often does he make that unbelievable save, and then later on that game, he goes on to let in a terrible goal, off a bad decision to come off his line, or just a terrible effort.

(excuse the poor quality)

De Gea could very well be the goalie of the future, however, if there's a possibility of getting Ter Stegen, you have to believe that they're going to look at that option. Then they could transfer De Gea to Barca to replace Valdes, who has already said that he's leaving at the end of the year.

So happy United got Mata! I didn't believe the rumours because I thought Chelsea would be smart enough not to sell a top player like that to a rival! Great debut today as well. Also to HowYaDrouin, Ronaldo signed a 5 year contract extension with Madrid, so he isn't going anywhere.

Nobody would have thought that Chelsea would have sent Mata to United, so crazier things have happened... Not wanting to buy into all the conspiracy theories but Mata left 7 for someone... :bigblush:

As much as I would love for Ronaldo to return back to United, since he is my favourite player and United is where he belongs, no way Madrid let him go back. If Bale went for 100 million pounds, how much do you think it would cost for United to sign Ronaldo? If Ronaldo was going to go back it would have been last summer when his contract was expiring. He even admitted he thought about going back but he chose to re-sign with Madrid. Also the #7 shirt at United was worn by legends like Cantona, Beckham, Best and Ronaldo so I can see why Mata didn't want it.

Edited by Malkin Cookies

As much as I would love for Ronaldo to return back to United, since he is my favourite player and United is where he belongs, no way Madrid let him go back. If Bale went for 100 million pounds, how much do you think it would cost for United to sign Ronaldo? If Ronaldo was going to go back it would have been last summer when his contract was expiring. He even admitted he thought about going back but he chose to re-sign with Madrid. Also the #7 shirt at United was worn by legends like Cantona, Beckham, Best and Ronaldo so I can see why Mata didn't want it.

Oh yeah the amount it would take to get CR7 back in a Red Shirt would be disgusting, but you don't think they'd make it back in spades? The jersey sales alone would account for 2/3rds of the return... I agree that its why he didn't take #7, but I just had to put it out there!