The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth

rwZephyr

189 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Booth is pretty close to being on pace for what he did last year both points wise and plus minus wise. 8 points in 17 games. His career average is slightly more than .5ppg. Goals are down a bit but it will come. A guy who has never been a PPG isn't going to become that just because he is now on the Canucks. Especially if he doesn't get first team power play minutes.

Expectations are always so high for players coming here. He is pretty much doing what he has been doing his whole career with the exception of the 31 goal, 60 point season.

He seems like a good guy to have on the team and I don't think he is hurting the team so don't get too excited. I doubt the Canucks are surprised or disappointed with what he has provided so far.

Booth and Kes may have played together at some point but they sure don't play well with others now,

as already noted passing is not a priority with Booth and Kesler also is keeping the puck way to long,

Burrows has been puy on that line to get something going and now the passing is picking up between

those players

An American saying "there is no I in team, but there sure is Me",,, start passing and the scoring will follow

Booth needs to spend some time on the 4th line and learn how to defend the puck. He gives it away too easily and is not the grit player some on here had us believe. He will hopefully come round but until then I think we need to get back to Hodgson and our regulars (available) from last year.

Booth has 7 points in the last 9 games and is playing for a new NHL team in a REAL hockey market for the very first in his career. That isn't that bad, especially when you consider that Sammuelsson has yet to play a game and Sturm has 2 points in 10 games since being traded..

When Booth power moves and drives the net it gets me excited. We should wait till Kesler has his game back, then maybe a union of Booth-Kes-Coho. Coho+Booth are proving to me they can play well together, it's just a matter of getting Kesler back to his old form and that's why Burr is playing on that line. By Burr being on the Sedin line, he's learned to pass. Maybe a Sedin-Sedin-Kes line might get kes going? He's my favourite player from the Nucks and he isn't playing the way he's capable of....maybe it's the injury or maybe not...but one way or the other, he needs to get going and soon.

Booth is probably getting double the minutes Sturm is getting.

Also if it was just about Booth we could say 7 points in 9 games (one a goal into an empty net unselfishly passed to him by Hodgson/Sedin?) is fair for a a player on $4+M but it is the lack of any real fitting in that gets me.

He doesn't pass well he doesn't check much (although again we were given to believe he did) he doesn't hold the puck in tight situations and he can't score for toffee, given the number of chances he's had. He takes passes from others and runs them up blind alleys..............no production.

At present I think he is not helping this team in the lines he is playing and should be moved down to the 4th for a bit (where Florida had him I believe)

I really want him to come alight but it's not happening and he doesn't seem to be getting there either.

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

After watching Booth play the last month, he's showing some promise with great bursts of speed but he has yet to get into any of the really dirty areas, I think he can post up the points but you can tell he isn't quite up to the perform level.

Now you gotta remember Steven Reinprecht was essentially dead weight we took on this trade, so if you are Mr Aquilini, do you think the 6.3 Mil you're essentially paying for Booth? (Even if he only gets 4.25 of it)

We have to wait for some chemistry. Our third line has 2 or 3 different players than last year with Hansen on the 1st line, Hodgson added and I guess now with Lappiere.

Our 2nd line has Booth/Higgins and Burrows. They need time to read each others game and work on some chemistry and set plays in training. Sedins are always gonna help make a good player great. But they also need to now teach Hansen their preferred plays etc.

They all can't click straight away. As long as they have Chemistry by the playoffs the players have the skill to do the job.

Also if it was just about Booth we could say 7 points in 9 games (one a goal into an empty net unselfishly passed to him by Hodgson/Sedin?) is fair for a a player on $4+M but it is the lack of any real fitting in that gets me.

He doesn't pass well he doesn't check much (although again we were given to believe he did) he doesn't hold the puck in tight situations and he can't score for toffee, given the number of chances he's had. He takes passes from others and runs them up blind alleys..............no production.

At present I think he is not helping this team in the lines he is playing and should be moved down to the 4th for a bit (where Florida had him I believe)

I really want him to come alight but it's not happening and he doesn't seem to be getting there either.

Archived