The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Concussion [Confirmed]

CoreyPerry

This may be redundant but hopefully it will resolve soon- the brain does heal

Simple concussion: In a simple concussion, the person the symptoms gradually resolve, and the patient returns to normal function in 7 - 10 days.

Complex concussion: In complex concussions, symptoms persist and thought processes are affected. Patients with repeated concussions would fall into the complex category.

That was from 5 days ago, but I remember reading something a while ago that said he started light skating. I can't find a link to that though.

He seems to be back to skating full out though. Last week he had a long on ice session apparently, plus he's been hitting the weights for about 2 weeks.

Ya, I agree with part of Mustapha's post, Dan O'Hallaran is an absolute joke.

He's the guys who officiated most the SCF games last yr (includ. the Marhcand incident). He's had it out for the Canucks this season as well. Reffed 5 games this yr, 2 of which you'll distinctly remember: 1) Minny game where Healty crosschecked Hank, and Burrows got the penalty 2) Hawks game where Danny was cheapshotted and was only a 2 min minor. In each of the 5 games, Canucks opponent had more PP's than them (20-11 overall). Those numbers are extremely abnormal.

Let's all pray to the hockey gods we don't see his ugly mug in the playoffs this year.

While the officiating leaves much to be desired at times in this league, the statement about the power play desparity just isn't accurate. Those numbers are indeed actually pretty normal. O'Halloran blew the call. Terribly I might add. How in the world Keith wasn't booted immediately is beyond me and in my mind warrants an immediate drug test for mind altering substances after the game. But the nucks are in the top 5 in penalties in the league. So to cite a power play disparity in a 5 game sample means very little. There is no league wide officiating conspiracy to screw Vancouver. I like chatting on this board but the over the top ranting about officiating isn't really needed. Officiating is what it is in all sports. I would argue hockey is hardest sport to officiate as play happens so fast and sometimes can be a little subjective. As an official who worked in minor league baseball but has officiated all other sports I would argue the only job harder in officiating is being behind the plate in a baseball game.

Terrible hit and Keith should have been suspended longer. A precedant needs to set higher to get these guys attention. Even though these two teams HATE each other beyond reason the lack of respect for one another in the physical parts of the game between players in the same hallowed fraternity of the NHL astounds me.

I'm pretty sure Nick Backstrom had no previous history of concussions either, but he's taking a long time.

It's really a toss up - Hamhuis had a history of concussions but came back after 3 games last year - Bergeron returned after 2 games in the playoffs and we all know his history with concussions.

Really depends on how Daniel is built for that type of injury - it seems to me the higher skilled players sit out longer (Crosby, Backstrom, Perron) - but that's too small of a sample set to make anything of it.

Also, Keith Ballard hasn't skated, I don't think, since being concussed. People saying that this is for the cap are ridiculous and stupid IMO. So it's really up in the air how long as you say - either minor or he'll miss a long time.

Archived