The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Knock On Wood - Can't Remember A Canucks Team Being This Healthy Come April

Flintigen

It has been a weird year to be a Canucks fan. There has been a definite hangover after last years long postseason run. The players, at times, have seemed as uninterested as the Rogers faithful, in what has almost been a season long look toward to the playoffs, and unfinished business.

I can not remember a year when we iced as healthy a defensive core as we did this year. Just look at how many games Salo has played!

Granted that I am completely assuming Danny comes back at 100% for the start of the playoffs (not sure why but I have never doubted that he will be fine come playoff time, maybe first concussion he has had) but has anyone seen our team this healthy for the playoffs?

It looks like Ballard is very close to coming back, and even earlier reported season ending injuries to Volpatti and Ebbett have been progressing faster than anyone hoped. We basically have our entire, incredibly DEEP organization playing for us this year, in what we all hope, is a deep postseason run. Even players like Bitz, have lately been playing consistently in the minors and look to be available to us come April 11th.

I think its amazing how well we have played this year. Even as a fan its been hard to maintain the focus and care about each game as I know I did last year. This year we expected, both fans and players, that we were going to be in the playoffs and we have almost been going through the motions getting ready for a chance at this city's first Stanley Cup.

I mean, come on, did you see any of our "statement" games? Wow... we played like the champions we are.

I'm not superstitious as a lot of you seem to be, so I can mention how healthy we are for the first time since I have been a fan. This fact has me pretty excited about this year, this playoff run, and this quest to finally be the Stanley Cup Champions.

True, but they all must be at the top of their game. Ballard was playing his best hockey before he got injured. Hopefully, he can resume that style of play. I don't see a need for Volpatti unless Weiss and Bitz are injured. For the most part we are healthy and that is the best we can hope for in April. Good post Flintigen.

Yeah, we sure are injury-free right now. Other than our best player being hurt we're good... oh ya i forgot Ballard, Pinnizotto, Volpatti, Bitz, Ebbett, Rome and now Juice... did i miss anyone?

Injuries are a part of how a season and a playoff run goes.... u just gotta deal with them and the Canucks are doin that right now. Every team has them.... but we can hope we get lucky and don't have as many as last year.

Yeah, we sure are injury-free right now. Other than our best player being hurt we're good... oh ya i forgot Ballard, Pinnizotto, Volpatti, Bitz, Ebbett, Rome and now Juice... did i miss anyone?

Injuries are a part of how a season and a playoff run goes.... u just gotta deal with them and the Canucks are doin that right now. Every team has them.... but we can hope we get lucky and don't have as many as last year.

This season we have been relatively healthy. I mean after the surgeries and recovering in the off-season the team as a whole has been pretty healthy. Ballard's injury as far as im aware has been the longest injury this year and he is getting close to coming back by the sounds of it. Lets just hope the boys can (get healthy) stay healthy throughout the playoffs and we can win it all this year :towel:

you must be on crack.

h. sedin is injured, not doing well last few months. we don't know what is wrong.

d. sedin is out with concussion

r. kesler is still hobbled by his surgery - came back too soon. won't be the same player until another off-season.

if we win, it will be like detroit dit with yzerman on one leg..

Archived