The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Party On The Plaza?

mb1

Will Rogers arena be having a party on the plaza like last year? I will be going to game 1 on Wednesday and was wondering if I should come at a specific time to take part in this

Thanks

Were you there? We pay taxes so we can be safe. That absolutely is their job to be prepared for public congregations that get out of hand. Rioting is against the law and police aprehend people that break the law. And I as a taxpaying law abiding citizen want to be safe watching a hockey game outdoors. It was awful- drunk dudes starting sh@&$t & swearing in front of kids and that wasnt game seven.

Hubby went down for seven- he left coz it was so aggro in the first period. Its not police fault that morons are morons but its city's responsibility to be prepared, esp after 94.

Were you there? We pay taxes so we can be safe. That absolutely is their job to be prepared for public congregations that get out of hand. Rioting is against the law and police aprehend people that break the law. And I as a taxpaying law abiding citizen want to be safe watching a hockey game outdoors. It was awful- drunk dudes starting sh@&$t & swearing in front of kids and that wasnt game seven.

Hubby went down for seven- he left coz it was so aggro in the first period. Its not police fault that morons are morons but its city's responsibility to be prepared, esp after 94.

The VPD did not have enough man power out there that night. That's why they eventually called for reinforcements from all over the lower mainland.

I was watching Game 7 at my buddy(off duty VPD)'s place. He called dispatch during 1st intermission to see if they need a few extra bodies. Dispatch said they don't anticipate a riot, 2hrs later all hell breaks loose and they scramble for more guys.

Now you tell me, if the VPD had called in more guys ahead of time to have a bigger police presence would it have at least deterred some people? Think about the Olympics and how many officers there were on each block.

Lets get the water cannons ready & fire hoses from the roof tops. That way we can clear out the idiots who think its cool to watch this kind of c**p and then go in with clubs to get the hard core.

post-57599-0-05575300-1333981134_thumb.j

post-57599-0-05575300-1333981134_thumb.j

They can't stop people from going downtown and having fun. They can choose not to set up giant screens everywhere but people are still going to go downtown and party etc. Maybe if our police chief and mayor weren't complete cowards we wouldn't have seen such a gong show.

Why not have a giant screening in a big open field somewhere outside of the DT core, where everyone can come and watch the game and party, while the police can have everyone outside of the DT core if things get out of hand. We have plenty of options we just ahve to pick a spot.

They still have up the 'party on the plaza' on the canucks website. if they weren't going to do it this playoffs, i'm sure they would have taken it down by now. the party on the plaza had nothing to do with the riots so i'm not sure why it's really being brought up. http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=61878

if it is, it's 2 hours before the game starts outside of the arena. I went so many times. Lots of free stuff and free smokies/pop. Got a free canucks car flag (only saw it there for 1 or 2 games), a few canucks toques, a few autographs from darcy rota/dave babych, free canucks t-shirts (started in Game 5 SJ/ SCFinals). Free caricature in the 3rd round ,free vitamin water. the radio booths have free draws for hockey sticks.

Archived