The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can We Have A Section For "canucks Fans" Only?

Bodee

I think the majority here are clearly indicating that YOU are the worst kind of poster.

You are now trying to make semantic arguments about how you "weren't really" suggesting that the posters you don't agree with (and defined as "not real" Canucks fans) were rioters... you were clearly making that connection in your original post.

I suggest that if we did as your title suggests and make a section only for Canucks fans... we wouldn't invite you into it as you wouldn't belong. You could go into the Boston "fan club" as that is generally reserved for people who spout nonsense while blissfully lacking any self-awareness about the irony of their statements.

In future be assured I will make allowances for your obvious limitations. The inverted commas refer to it's inappropriate use.

If you care to look back at some of my posts you will see it written in black and white that I don't like the use of the word. However it is generally used in North America as something less than it's true meaning.

PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who sees the irony in this statement!

Provost, you criticized him for "making rules and categorizing people" before saying that you "lump him in with the worst sort of fans. You clearly have your own set of rules which define "good fans", yet no one else is allowed to voice their evidently contrary opinion without a your scorn.

While I'll agree that a lot of the posts on here are juvenile and don't add much to the discussion, it's equally as ridiculous to make a thread about it.

Fans of this team come in a varied assortment of flavours. Some of them you won't like, some you will. And as annoying and mind-numbing as some of the posts and posters on this board are, you have to realize this is a public forum, and that's not going to change.

I think those of us who have been lurking and posting on these boards for any appreciable amount of time have come to realize that it's a futile endeavour to campaign against so-called "fake fans". Like others have noted, anyone who can be bothered to make an account on here and post surely is a fan. Regardless of whether or not you agree with or support their antics on here, they are fans.

I mean, really, the word fan is a shortened form of the word 'fanatic'. That right there should enlighten you as to what kind of behaviour you're going to witness from 'fans',

I always say the same thing. A lot of the fans of the team are newer fans, who may not necessarily be fans of the the game of hockey itself, and don't take the time to watch other teams play, or read hockey news. It's the by-product of a team having a lot of success. It's no accident that the quality of the posts on this board has steadily decreased with the increasing success of the team. The two are most definitely related in some way.

And while you reserve the right to complain about fans whom you feel contribute nothing to the discourse and are not 'true' fans, you put yourself in a position to be criticized by those you offend when doing so. You can't expect to call people 'fake fans' and expect no form of response, positive or otherwise.

I laughed, I cried,I got mad, I got sad,I had fun,I had none,I got pwnd, I've been told. Been nice, been treated like ice. Been razzed with pizzazz and grated til I gated. Been cheered and jeered while others leered. If you take it in step then you'll be hep. B) Such is life on cdc. :)

Hey thanks.

But just because you use quotes (or inverted commas as I guess they say in Scotland) doesn't negate the term. You still tagged a certain type of fan as a "hater". That implies that you would feel justified calling them a hater (no quote) in some post they might make.

No thanks... :huh:

Listen, Bodee, we've clashed in the past. But that's part of the experience in here. I consider you a true fan for what its worth. The reason is the time and effort you take to express yourself. I'd just offer you some advice not to get your panties (or knickers) in a knot every time some idiot hits the "Add Reply" button. Just like you go through your mail and disregard the junk, you have to just learn how to wade through the posts and concentrate on the ones you want to engage in. Waste of energy otherwise. As is talking about it. I'm done.

And yes, MOST everyone on here (besides Clutch /index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends#"> :mad:) I think is a fan, including YOU!

We are all Canucks!

:towel:

You sir, are one sick puppy. "Knock them down" as much as you want...........I'm beginning to think the more I read your posts that you may be heavily featured in my lead post. If that is the case you may already be beyond help. However displaying it on here won't make life any better for you I'm afraid.

Read the post again, I said "if we did what the OP suggested"... I was challenging his assertion that he would automatically be in the "real fans" club that he wants to create. It was showing the ridiculousness of his belief that he gets to decide who is a "real fan".

By the way... for that post, you also don't get to be in the "real fans" club with the rest of us. Gee, it is sure nice and makes me feel better when I get to appoint myself to be in charge around here.

In case you can't read the sarcasm in the previous statement... I do not believe that we should be setting up different sections for "real" and "not real" fans. It is pure hubris for people to suggest that they get to decide who gets to post and who is "special". If you go through the thread and read it, I think you will see that I have said that repeatedly. If you need me to put it in bigger font or bold it for easier comprehension, I can do that too.

Really? Here is the quote... folks can judge for themselves whether he was trying suggest that people he doesn't agree with took part in the riots.

While I'll agree that a lot of the posts on here are juvenile and don't add much to the discussion, it's equally as ridiculous to make a thread about it.

Fans of this team come in a varied assortment of flavours. Some of them you won't like, some you will. And as annoying and mind-numbing as some of the posts and posters on this board are, you have to realize this is a public forum, and that's not going to change.

I think those of us who have been lurking and posting on these boards for any appreciable amount of time have come to realize that it's a futile endeavour to campaign against so-called "fake fans". Like others have noted, anyone who can be bothered to make an account on here and post surely is a fan. Regardless of whether or not you agree with or support their antics on here, they are fans.

I mean, really, the word fan is a shortened form of the word 'fanatic'. That right there should enlighten you as to what kind of behaviour you're going to witness from 'fans',

I always say the same thing. A lot of the fans of the team are newer fans, who may not necessarily be fans of the the game of hockey itself, and don't take the time to watch other teams play, or read hockey news. It's the by-product of a team having a lot of success. It's no accident that the quality of the posts on this board has steadily decreased with the increasing success of the team. The two are most definitely related in some way.

And while you reserve the right to complain about fans whom you feel contribute nothing to the discourse and are not 'true' fans, you put yourself in a position to be criticized by those you offend when doing so. You can't expect to call people 'fake fans' and expect no form of response, positive or otherwise.

Archived