The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lol @ All Who Say Edler = Next Lidstrom

puttjattandey

Lol.... it's always the what have you done for me lately isn't it? The guy is a top 2...maybe 4 defensemen.... he's had a spectacular year.... great playoff run last year... and for all we know could be playing with a broken rib.... sprained wrist, or god knows what other kind of injury right now... or maybe he's perfectly healthy and just had a horrible 3 games, but either way I try not to damn people so quickly.

Who said he's the next Lidstrom though? seriously like who said that? no one I know thats for sure

in 2009, Willite MItchell costed us the series against Chicago

in 2010, Kevin Bieska costed us the series against Chicago

in 2011, no defencemen was at fault.

in 2012 Alex Edler costed us the series.

To be honest, he's not going to be like this for the rest of his life. But what awful timing to play his worst hockey of his life. Unreal. I'm still happy to have him on my team. But to be honest, we still need to find that number 1 DMAN.

in 2009, Willite MItchell costed us the series against Chicago

in 2010, Kevin Bieska costed us the series against Chicago

in 2011, no defencemen was at fault.

in 2012 Alex Edler costed us the series.

To be honest, he's not going to be like this for the rest of his life. But what awful timing to play his worst hockey of his life. Unreal. I'm still happy to have him on my team. But to be honest, we still need to find that number 1 DMAN.

The thing is, he has completely plateaued for the past 3 seasons.

Canucks fans saw a young defenseman with huge potential and made overzealous statements. He hasn't improved and is as inconsistent as ever (which is usually just a rookie thing, which is why people thought he was gonna be great). He hasn't panned out.

I don't think he Plateued at all. But bad luck for sure, he played the worst 3 games of his life just the past 3 games, and even I will admit that. Unlikely he will continue to be like this in the future. Lidstrom comparisons is out of the question for sure.

Remember him last playoffs? He was known for being "Scott Stevens" when it came to the playoffs.

He will be a good defencemen for us.

One thing for sure, he's not number 1 dman we are looking for. Next year is his contract year, look for him to have a huge season.

Archived