The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Time Left On Schneider's And Luongo's Contracts?

TorontoSharksFan

And after Lu is gone. The same ppl who ran him out throw Schneids under the bus. After Schneids gets full time minutes and lets in a few softies. Rinse and repeat Vancouver is full of hockey ignorant fans. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play here. Cody was lucky to get out I'm sure he's happier now.

its not about flaming Lou but making logical comparisons based on this years performance. its just about playing your best players and giving the team the best chance to win. Lou has not performed consistantly and gives up .45 goals a game more than Schneider...thats a lot when teams only score in the neighbourhood of 2.5 goals per game.

We may lose Schneider because we get an offer Gillis can;t refuse or schneids may choose to move on for the big money. I'm sure he can also find a contending team to play for and not a bottom feeder.

That leaves the Canucks to hope Lou improves over 2012 and find consistancy but his flaws don;t support that notion. He no longer instills fear in the opposition like Quick has to the Canucks...his mystic is gone ...he can be had...a GAA of 2.41 reflects that idea.

Isn't that the round Detroit drafted Datsyuk?

In all seriousness, Luongo didn't play poorly in the 2 games he lost, it's not that he's not a great goalie, it's that his contract is too rich and too long, much like a certain piece of my anatomy...

Sorry, that was awful. Feel free to ban me now or whatever.

I wish people wouldn't flame bait me just because I like a different team.

I knew Luongo had a high-value, long-term contract (which are notoriously hard to move, even without no-trade clauses), but I wasn't sure of the details so I asked. That was purpose #1 of this thread. Purpose #2 was to see which goalie Canucks' fans valued more, and purpose #3 was to generate discussion on what Canucks fans would consider trying to get back in exchange for one of them. I'm not trolling, this is what happens in hockey.

The Sharks had 6 20-goal scorers last year but got worked on the defensive end by the strong, fast, and skilled Canucks team. Doug Wilson reacted to that dilemma by trading one of our 20-goal men (Setoguchi) for a strong and skilled defenceman in Brent Burns. Not to say that the Canucks are as from from being a cup contender as the Sharks were in 2011, but just to say that when you have a surplus in one area, you can sometimes trade some of it to make up a deficit in another area. I just want to find out what area the Canucks fans feel their team has a deficit, if anywhere.

I wasn't flaming you, I thought I answered your question about the contract, allthough I find it hard to believe there's not a hidden message here.

"The contract has "Outs" for both parties after 5 and 6 years. The cap hit is 5.3m throughout the contract but his salary is under 2m for the last 3 years of the contract"

There are a million+ threads on this very topic, Most so called fans that frequent this board are not going to give you an accurate indication of what "Canucks fans" feel about this team, most of the people that come here are mostly the haters looking to voice their hate with an anonymous voice, and do not represent the majority.

KOPITARZZZ!!!!!!!!! (Seems to be the consesus around here) :frantic:

Again many MANY! on going discussions about this

I don't think the Canucks are dead to rights, I'm not starting the free agency discussion early, I'm just curious if Gillis would consider trading one of his two star goalies in exchange for some toughness and net-front presence in time for the 2012-13 season opener.

No, I wanted to start a discussion on who Canucks' fans favour in goal, and what (if anything) they think Gillis should try to get for trading one of them. I'm not here to troll, I'm here to talk hockey. For all the s**t-talking about the Canucks and their fans, the Canucks' forum has more active and interesting hockey talk than the other hockey forums I've come across. Including that which can be found at SJsharks.com.

But then again, I've always been a fish out of water. I live in Toronto and love the Sharks, and the sports bar I watch all the games at is owned and operated by Red Wings fans :P

Guest The Brown Burrows

What a dumb question. A simple google search could have given you an answer within a minute.

If we do plan to keep Schneider over Luo, I hope it's only a 5 year contract extension.

Archived