The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Much Time Left On Schneider's And Luongo's Contracts?

TorontoSharksFan

Ouch, so the Canucks don't really have a convertible option there, because no one except for maybe Garth Snow is going to pick up a goalie contract like that...

As for Schneider, I wonder if the Canucks match the offer sheet the Sharks (I hope) will give him.

Yeah yeah, Niemi won a cup, big deal. Have you seen some of the goals he gave up this year?!

Ouch, so the Canucks don't really have a convertible option there, because no one except for maybe Garth Snow is going to pick up a goalie contract like that...

As for Schneider, I wonder if the Canucks match the offer sheet the Sharks (I hope) will give him.

Yeah yeah, Niemi won a cup, big deal. Have you seen some of the goals he gave up this year?!

Ouch? You start by asking what the contract details are (you're claimng you don't know) Somebody points you in the right direction to see contract details and you come back with "Ouch"?

The contract has "Outs" for both parties after 5 and 6 years. The cap hit is 5.3m throughout the contract but his salary is under 2m for the last 3 years of the contract making it VERY easy to bury or buyout. Who in their right mind wouldn't want an allstar goalie for 3-4 years at 5.3M? Compared to some other top tier goaltenders Luongo's cap hit is beautiful.

I'm guessing you're playing the ignorance card because you truley are ignorant, or just too lazy to go look at Luongo's or any other goalie contracts...but really....I'm thinking you're not as dumb as you're making yourself look and this is just your subtle way of saying Luongo sucks Schneider should be our #1?

Which I guess then it could be said that you truley are ignorant.

The Canucks obviously have problems and team chemistry has been compromised by trades and non signings. That said, although Luongo may not be the total problem, hes not been the solution either. His goaltending this year has been spotty, which is documented by his stats as compared to Schneider. I would be very surprised if Lous name does not come in trade talks before the draft.

Although he has a nT contract...he might be tired of the focus in Vancouver. Schneider has better stats and Lou must know he has had a bit of an off year. A 2.41 GAA is just not good enough. If both goalies had played all 82 games, Lou would have given up about 36-38 more goals than Cory, based on 2012 performance. Thats a ton of goals in todays NHL.

With Schneider a restricted free agent..it would not be a surprise if the Canucks believed their future lies with Schneids.

Lou is still capable of great games but continually is being outplayed by opposition goaltenders. His consistancy is his achiles heal and his downfall.

He is a fan favourite but the reality is..Schneider is now the better goalie, not a supposition but a fact supported by this seasons stats.

The Canucks obviously have problems and team chemistry has been compromised by trades and non signings. That said, although Luongo may not be the total problem, hes not been the solution either. His goaltending this year has been spotty, which is documented by his stats as compared to Schneider. I would be very surprised if Lous name does not come in trade talks before the draft.

Although he has a nT contract...he might be tired of the focus in Vancouver. Schneider has better stats and Lou must know he has had a bit of an off year. A 2.41 GAA is just not good enough. If both goalies had played all 82 games, Lou would have given up about 36-38 more goals than Cory, based on 2012 performance. Thats a ton of goals in todays NHL.

With Schneider a restricted free agent..it would not be a surprise if the Canucks believed their future lies with Schneids.

Lou is still capable of great games but continually is being outplayed by opposition goaltenders. His consistancy is his achiles heal and his downfall.

He is a fan favourite but the reality is..Schneider is now the better goalie, not a supposition but a fact supported by this seasons stats.

Archived