The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats To Change If We Get Swept...

Bauer1337

So lets say the nucks get swept this series, do we follow the Philadelphia path? shake up the roster and

trade our assets new top 6 forwards?? or is it the system we play that makes us struggle during the

playoffs?? in which we fire Av for a new coach...and if we did that what coaches are available that would

benefit this team?? I'm honestly a little surprised that teams at this point...maybe a little 94 magic can

happen this time, here's hoping :canucks::towel::canucks:

The best thing that could be changed is if CDC found a way to prevent people from making new threads that already exist.

Beyond that, stay the course. Despite what has happened here, they are very close. I fell they don't need to blow everything up, they just need to make a few adjustments.

If we lose the series......the following needs to happen or at least be considered.

1. Let Alain Vigneault go. He is a good coach, but he has lost the ears and support of his team. He will be the first casualty. His inability to alter the Canucks strategy has killed the teams chances.

2. Trade Alex Edler. Edler has proven to be a liability this series. He has been instrumental in all three losses. He has not only been on the ice for a momentum shifting goal each game, but has caused it through horrible passing. He is not a force like Lidstrom, Weber, or Chelios.

3. Keep both goalies. If financially feasable, I believe the Canucks should look at keeping both Luongo and Schneider. They have been the only Canucks outside of Henrik and Jannik worth talking about.

4. Trade Kevin Bieksa. He is as much of a liability as Edler. His poor play in the defensive zone has killed us.

5. Ask Ryan Kesler to waive his NTC and trade him.

If we lose the series......the following needs to happen or at least be considered.

1. Let Alain Vigneault go. He is a good coach, but he has lost the ears and support of his team. He will be the first casualty. His inability to alter the Canucks strategy has killed the teams chances.

2. Trade Alex Edler. Edler has proven to be a liability this series. He has been instrumental in all three losses. He has not only been on the ice for a momentum shifting goal each game, but has caused it through horrible passing. He is not a force like Lidstrom, Weber, or Chelios.

3. Keep both goalies. If financially feasable, I believe the Canucks should look at keeping both Luongo and Schneider. They have been the only Canucks outside of Henrik and Jannik worth talking about.

4. Trade Kevin Bieksa. He is as much of a liability as Edler. His poor play in the defensive zone has killed us.

MMA lessons for the Sedins duing the offseason.

Psych evaluations for the entire team.

AV starts on the 4th line next season.

Put Gillis in net, Lack as his backup.

Basically....anything is possible.

Okay, okay so trading Kesler might be unwise. I retract that idea.

I see the reaction to my thoughts was strong, but honestly the defense for the Canucks is nowhere near the calibre it needs to be to win games. Can any of you honestly say that Edler has been any good in this series?

Bieksa? No.

They are two of our highest paid and most coveted defensemen. They both have been ghosts of their former selves. Sorry. I'd pull the trigger on trading either or. Or both.

You all need to calm down. I honestly think AV should keep his job, even if they do get swept. This is still a solid a group, but a few things are pretty evident that need to be adjusted:

1) Ryan Kesler needs a play-making winger. Kesler is plenty talented, and I really think you can squeeze at least 25-30 goals from him a season, but its been pretty obvious that Mason Raymond or Chris Higgins arent the answers on that line. We need someone to distribute the puck to shooters Booth and Kesler.

2) The Powerplay. The guy who I think should get fired is Newell Brown. The Powerplay has been dead for the past 4 months. Teams have simply started being more aggressive against the Canucks and its killed them. What Im noticing is that the PK is just clogging the blue line on entry, and then blocking off shooting lanes when the Canucks do manage to control. The big problem here is that on one is quaterbacking the powerplay. Personally, I'd put one of the Sedins on the point, because we need someone who can find that open man quickly and pass off to exploit these over-aggressive PKs.

3) Edler still needs time. I honestly thought this guy would be ready to step up as a number 1 D-man and a force in the NHL, but it just hasnt panned out. His struggles go back further than the playoffs. Really, ever since the All-Star game hes looking less and less confident out there. We need someone to take the spotlight from Edler.

Archived