The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Vancouver Canucks...shades Of San Jose?

TwinTelepathy

Well, I didn't know we'd go out that quickly but I guess it is better than going farther and suffering a crushing loss, like in the Final. Personally, I'm more relieved that the Canucks went out earlier than later on because it doesn't feel like much of a loss when you compare it to that of the loss last year against the Bruins.

The canucks seem to be showing shades of the San Jose sharks.... Both teams that usually get "it" done in the regular season, but not the playoffs. Both do not seem to have that "it" factor. The Sedins showed their mastery and always seem to be consistent but we need that PURE secondary goalscorer and we are not seeing that from our "so called" star, Kesler. Kesler had ONE good year (with 41 goals last year) and everyone started praising him like he was some sort of Jonathan Toews or Claude Giroux. MG totally made a bad move when getting rid of our future in Hodgson (who actually has a MUCH better shot than kesler) and now he has learned the Lesson. What I'm trying to say is that our secondary scoring left after the Hodgson trade. Many CDCers were saying, "oh, we don't need him because he is still developing and we need talent NOW". And what did we actually get from Kassian? (The Kings outhit us in the series and destroyed us physically. What ever happened to Gillis' "We got a lot tougher today" when Hodgson got traded?) I know that Kassian will be a great player in the future, but I thought we wanted talent "NOW". Sammy Pahlsson did barely anything, and in fact, we scored a LOT more and WON a lot more games WITH Hodgson on our team, before the trade deadline.

San Jose and Vancouver look like they are both in the exact same situation. Both teams need a shake-up. I'm saying we gotta do something like the Flyers did. Get loads of young talent and get rid of guys like Kesler. He is obviously a leader on our team and I know this has been said a lot, but Kesler has proved to me that he is not a consistent "star" player and he WILL NOT lead us to a Stanley cup. I do not see a way of winning the stanley cup anytime soon if this team as a whole is together. We need that "Bure type player" that Cliff Ronning talked about (I'm pretty sure he implied, a guy that can actually FINISH).

MG should really go for Nail Yakupov. Trade Kesler, do anything to get either Grigorenko (the center to replace Kes) or Yakupov, this team needs a big shakeup. I don't care.

.......I heard Ron Wilson is looking for a job.

All you people say trade whoever sucked this year. FYI, KES did not suck this year!!! He was still recovering from is surgery, it takes a while. He'll be back to his old self next season, the Kesler we knew. So STOP SAYING TRADE THIS PERSON AND THAT PERSON!!!! Butm there is one person that HAS decreased in goal scoring and hasn't been contributing but at all is Raymond...like today....he kinda frustrated me during the game, turnovers and no one was pushing him or anything and he fell....wth? Kes, burr, the twins, Higgins, Bieksa, lappy, manny, hammer, and Salo should not be traded, neither should Schneids or Lu.

We're not really San Jose yet. San Jose was stacked offensively and had/has a true #1 defenseman. Those are the 2 things we're missing. Nabokov was also a brick wall in the playoffs, but goaltending is NOT the issue. It wasn't last year, and it isn't this year.

All you people say trade whoever sucked this year. FYI, KES did not suck this year!!! He was still recovering from is surgery, it takes a while. He'll be back to his old self next season, the Kesler we knew. So STOP SAYING TRADE THIS PERSON AND THAT PERSON!!!! Butm there is one person that HAS decreased in goal scoring and hasn't been contributing but at all is Raymond...like today....he kinda frustrated me during the game, turnovers and no one was pushing him or anything and he fell....wth? Kes, burr, the twins, Higgins, Bieksa, lappy, manny, hammer, and Salo should not be traded, neither should Schneids or Lu.

Guest BuckFoston

Well, I didn't know we'd go out that quickly but I guess it is better than going farther and suffering a crushing loss, like in the Final. Personally, I'm more relieved that the Canucks went out earlier than later on because it doesn't feel like much of a loss when you compare it to that of the loss last year against the Bruins.

The fact that teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh and Vancouver have fallen this post season speaks volumes about parity in this league.

A number 1 seed facing a number 8 seed isn't like back in the day when the teams could be 20 to 30 points apart.

Look at how many teams had close to 100 pts this year.

I think the days of dynasties are over. You have to have Vezina-type goal tending and a lot of other things falling in place to win a cup now. It will be interesting to see how far Boston goes and who comes out of the West.

As bad as I want Vancouver to win, I think it goes to show you how great of a league the NHL has become.

The games are exciting right down to the wire, and there are no longer clear Cup favourites.

Anyone can beat pretty much anyone in the playoffs.

The fact that teams like Detroit, Pittsburgh and Vancouver have fallen this post season speaks volumes about parity in this league.

A number 1 seed facing a number 8 seed isn't like back in the day when the teams could be 20 to 30 points apart.

Look at how many teams had close to 100 pts this year.

I think the days of dynasties are over. You have to have Vezina-type goal tending and a lot of other things falling in place to win a cup now. It will be interesting to see how far Boston goes and who comes out of the West.

As bad as I want Vancouver to win, I think it goes to show you how great of a league the NHL has become.

The games are exciting right down to the wire, and there are no longer clear Cup favourites.

Anyone can beat pretty much anyone in the playoffs.

Shades of Detroit Red Wings

They won the Presidents trophy in 95, lost in the finals.

They won the Presidents trophy again, notched an insane 131 points in a 82 game season with no shoot outs, no over time times, and lost in the conference finals

The following year, they went after the missing piece of the puzzle and won the Stanley cup.

Vancouver CAnucks

Won Presidents trophy in 2011, lost in the finals

Won Presidents trophy in 2012 lost in Quarter Finals

We need to go out and find that last piece of the puzzle. If you ask me, it's a Norris calibre defencemen. In this case Ryan Suter. HOwever Detroit had to trade for Shanahan that year so, we'll see.

Archived