The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thomas Tells Fan To Smile After Loss.

Wow, you got so sucked into the Thomas-Obama thing...its a good laugh and all, but seriously, whats wrong with it? Past players haven''t went, so whats so different if he didn't? And not to mention, he said he has the right to, and he does, so don't think him not going showed he was a villain, cause he just didn't want to.

People like Thomas because he looks like a nice guy with the beard and all. I've heard on the wings forum that apparently "he looks like a big teddy bear," which is apparently why Ashleigh so vehemently defends him. If he looked like Dave Bolland/Marchand, people would not be so quick to defend him. It's funny to see the superficiality of our society in different contexts.

he didn't compare obama to hitler. he quoted someone who was talking about the progressive ascension of the Nazi regime to illustrate how he believes it's possible for rights to be taken away little by little without people realizing it until it's too late. obviously i don't think that of the US government, but he really never compared obama to hitler. it's a big stretch to interpret that as comparing obama to hitler

Personally who cares what his political beliefs are? Everyone has their own and they should be respected. Does that mean he's not a classy player or a bad one, I don't think so.

As a Nucks' fan who lives in the US, I can't stand Obama. But that's a personal opinion.

Guest BuckFoston

Thomas ain't a class act. Remember that time he refused to meet the president?

I think Dave Hodge was on to something when he said that all three of Thomas' kids names start with K.

I personally don't think his political views are important. He can choose to support or hate whoever he wants. His views aren't extremist nor are they inappropriate. TT not going to the whitehouse is his choice. I think it shows more class and character to stand up for what you believe. For those that question his behavior and the white house I would ask how many of you would not be blinded by the whitehouse visit and stand up for your political beliefs? I can't stand Obama anymore and I voted for the guy. I sure wouldn't visit him if I was on a team that did. That is a persons right as a citizen and voter in the USA. This isn't North Korea where you have to raise your pom-pom because Kim Jong-il says so.

TT like the our own Canucks have done alot for the community. Before people go and judge someone completely by their on ice behavior how about taking into account what they've done for the community. I'm sure he's done alot more than some of the people passing judgement on him right now in these post. Besides who cares Boston is out playing golf like we are this year and there sure won't be another whitehouse visit for them...

Don't know if it's been said but..

According to Haggerty, a Bruins writer, it was his daughter who he was telling to cheer up.

Joe Haggerty@HackswithHaggs

Tim Thomas said the "smile" motion he made behind bench on ice right after Gm 7 was to his 7YO daughter, who was crying. TT got her to smile

I am no TT fan or the Bruins but I give him credit for teaching his daughter an important lesson. Maybe if more people taught their kids how to react to a loss we wouldn't have so many idiots try and burn down Van last year. Any decent parent could respect what Thomas did for his daughter.

Archived