The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Stalin's Army Of Rapists On Rampage

unbridled_id

I didn't read the whole article but I used to take a class on war propaganda that had some interesting things about it.

I don't really see stories online about it but I remember one section was on how Red Army soldiers would obviously rape the women but take the males watches as trophies and wasn't uncommon to see Red Army soldiers with multiple watches.

The USSR had tried to cover some of it up when they edited the famous Reichstag photo to take the watches off of of the soldiers who had 2 visible on his wrists.

Edited:

Red_army_soldiers_raising_the_soviet_flag_on_the_roof_of_the_reichstag_with_no_Watch.jpg

Original:

Reichstag_flag.jpg

War bringing out the worst in people and turning them into monsters? Just doesn't seem that shocking. Both sides committed some sick crimes and it really exists in every war. Japanese women and children in some countries would commit suicide by jumping off cliffs if they were told American soldiers were coming out of fear or being raped and killed.

War is really ugly all over.

These are slanderous provocations manufactured by fascist imperialist dogs and their fawning lackeys!

These women were not not "raped" by the men of the glorious Red Army, they threw themselves on our valiant soldiers in grateful admiration after being liberated from the crushing heel of fascism!!!

War bringing out the worst in people and turning them into monsters? Just doesn't seem that shocking. Both sides committed some sick crimes and it really exists in every war. Japanese women and children in some countries would commit suicide by jumping off cliffs if they were told American soldiers were coming out of fear or being raped and killed.

As good as Hitler was at making dead Russians Stalin was even better.

Sometimes you have to wonder what the hell people are fondly remembering about the good ol' days! Of course jobs are plenty when you have to rebuild the country and what would be competition in the form of hard working young men are all dead!

That was the sick frack known as the Emperor of Japan telling his civilians that the honorable thing to do was to commit suicide. He knew that the Americans actually treated the civilians fairly well compared to other armies of the day by providing food, medical treatment, etc. It would have been a propaganda victory for the allies so rather than risk it, he told them to commit suicide.

Of the occupying forces in WWII, the best treatment came from Americans. Some of the problems you see today with the American military are a result of soldiers being repeatedly sent to pointless wars that are never ending. Fighting numerous insurgent groups in Iraq is not the same as liberating Europe. Obviously defeating the Nazis is a much more a clearer and inspirational goal then fighting insurgents.

scorpio has answered for me , and i have always wondered what the 20,000,000 german catholics were doing while hitler was gassing jewish people , and gypsies ,and "sub humans" .i also question the actions of a pontiff that signs an agreement {the concordat }with a mass murderer that enables him to get away with his actions a lot more easily than if that same pontiff had come out and stated that what he was doing was wrong.

I wonder what you have been doing with all the people dying in the world today.

Gee - see how that sounds? Not very nice does it.

What were the German Catholics doing during the war? They were fearful for their lives.

How do I know? Well, I have a pretty good idea seeing how my wife's dad is a Christian and born and raised in Germany.

Seriously - wtf is wrong with you and Scorps? You both are (sometimes) like school in the summer.

Edit: Queue the "that's not very Christian of you! and smiley faces and laughing....life is just a big joke isn't it?

I wonder what you have been doing with all the people dying in the world today.

Gee - see how that sounds? Not very nice does it.

What were the German Catholics doing during the war? They were fearful for their lives.

How do I know? Well, I have a pretty good idea seeing how my wife's dad is a Christian and born and raised in Germany.

Seriously - wtf is wrong with you and Scorps? You both are (sometimes) like school in the summer.

Edit: Queue the "that's not very Christian of you! and smiley faces and laughing....life is just a big joke isn't it?

During war, men are killed and women are raped (generally speaking; men are raped as well sometimes). It has been this way since the dawn of time. This is the nature of war. Even the most disciplined armies misbehave.

If it is any consolation, many of those Soviet soldiers died before they even made it to Berlin; many more were purged by Stalin when they returned home.

I didn't read the whole article but I used to take a class on war propaganda that had some interesting things about it.

I don't really see stories online about it but I remember one section was on how Red Army soldiers would obviously rape the women but take the males watches as trophies and wasn't uncommon to see Red Army soldiers with multiple watches.

The USSR had tried to cover some of it up when they edited the famous Reichstag photo to take the watches off of of the soldiers who had 2 visible on his wrists.

Edited:

Red_army_soldiers_raising_the_soviet_flag_on_the_roof_of_the_reichstag_with_no_Watch.jpg

Original:

Reichstag_flag.jpg

i can tell you that if i knew that my society was perpetrating a horror like gasing millions of people i would be fighting it with all the strenght i have . i have put my life on the line and more often than not the risk of serious injury {i have a couple of cracked ribs at the moment , i rode out the gnarly line and relaxed and crashed a minute or 2 later on a easy part of our track ] riding my bike and ski's and i would certainly not hesitate to risk it fighting an evil of that magnitude .

i cannot speak for scorpio but my faults stem from a low sense of self worth that started when i found out i was adopted and did not come to terms with when i was first told . since then i have learnt to grow and believe in myself more but that lingering feeling of being thrown aaway remains even when i know that was not the case, that part of me i cannot erase .

i do not know what you are referring to with the icons i have never used one .

and if i do not laugh at the antics of my fellow loony bin inmates then i would be crying my eye's out .

Yes, there were more people killed in the holocaust, so that excuses the Red Army's behaviour? The Americans and the British didn't resort to this behaviour in the areas of Germany that they captured.And if you really want to talk numbers, Stalin killed millions more (of his own people) than ever died in the holocaust... yet somehow Stalin was still our ally at that point ....hmmm

What good would it do if you're dead?

Does Ann Frank ring a bell?

Some people did fight back - a lot of them died - some survived....

My cousin is adopted - I can't speak for him but I know he went through mixed emotions about it - but he's seems to be doing all right as far as I can tell. Married and has a son of his own.

Yes...there are those that can fight and those that can't.

There's nothing wrong with neither - as long as the heart is in the right place.

Sorry to take my frustration out on you - I apologize - IMHO, your heart is in the right place. Take care.

Archived