The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G [COMING SOON]

Ilya Kovalchuk.

It seems like you're the only one complaining about the situation, and when we had a vote everyone was on board with doing two seperate random orders.

We decided we are doing two seperate draft orders, and that's final. Complain all you want, but we're not changing it.

Still got a problem, bring it up with us in the PM. Discussion is closed.

I'm starting to think just including the prospects in the NHL draft will be easier. This way GM's won't get pissed because they got a bad spot in the Prospects draft and one in the NHL draft. Would probably take less time as well because then we wouldn't have to worry about a whole seperate draft.

I honestly don't even care about the prospects draft (about who I get). Give me the worst player in the draft, who cares, I'd rather win the league.

Guest AriGold

I'm starting to think just including the prospects in the NHL draft will be easier. This way GM's won't get pissed because they got a bad spot in the Prospects draft and one in the NHL draft. Would probably take less time as well because then we wouldn't have to worry about a whole seperate draft.

I honestly don't even care about the prospects draft (about who I get). Give me the worst player in the draft, who cares, I'd rather win the league.

I think adding the 2 in 1 draft takes you back to scenario one and maybe even make it worse. A back end team is stuck thinking: Draft a team of NHL'ers or take a top prospect? If he takes 2 NHL'ers, an early team will pickup top prospects, and if he takes a NHL'er and a prospect, early team picks up another proven NHL'er....idk, I think sticking to 2 diff drafts would be better than making one, just my opinion.

I think adding the 2 in 1 draft takes you back to scenario one and maybe even make it worse. A back end team is stuck thinking: Draft a team of NHL'ers or take a top prospect? If he takes 2 NHL'ers, an early team will pickup top prospects, and if he takes a NHL'er and a prospect, early team picks up another proven NHL'er....idk, I think sticking to 2 diff drafts would be better than making one, just my opinion.

It seems like you're the only one complaining about the situation, and when we had a vote everyone was on board with doing two seperate random orders.

We decided we are doing two seperate draft orders, and that's final. Complain all you want, but we're not changing it.

Still got a problem, bring it up with us in the PM. Discussion is closed.

I for one could care less if the drafts are together or separate. If the prospects were in the main draft I won't be taking any until late anyways. I would rather take NHLers over a "maybe". Sure a guy like Yakupov is appealing, but I would rather draft 3rd liners over him.

Separate drafts makes a little more sense because they should in fact be ranked like that and not ranked with proven NHLers.

Archived