The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeff Tambellini

I think it hurts guys like Tambo to have gys like Raymond on his line who refuse to pass the puck. i like Tambo a lot, but I don't think we'll get him back. He'd be a decent player if Kesler and him find chemistry and Kesler can be a playmaker

Part of this club's and some of our fan's trouble is we refuse to go for GAME CHANGERS.

We are stacked with damn fine players but things get won when you have bona fide game changers in your team. The Sedins are silky, skill full and a lot tougher than they are given credit for but they don't frighten anyone, either in a pugilistic sense or a "clear defenders out of the way" sense. Burrows can be a game changer but unfortunately he too is not able to knock people over.

Kesler, when fit, is our only real game changer............JUST. However is it fair to place the total load on him? No it's not and his body has taken a hammering because of it.

Higgins and Booth are 2nd division. They try to put themselves about a bit but we saw how effective they are when they encounter big bodies like the Kings had. They were to all intents and purposes ..............snuffed out.

So give me a battler like Kane on Kes's line to help spread the load and give me someone like a young Owen Nolan up there with the Sedin's to give them the space to get the job done.

People like Tambo are not going to get us to the Cup..........so let's stop setting our sights on good average players and instead get a couple of forwards who can "make some noise" and let one of them be an elite big body. Enough bargain basement hunting.......we are past the time for "uncovered gems"

Part of this club's and some of our fan's trouble is we refuse to go for GAME CHANGERS.

We are stacked with damn fine players but things get won when you have bona fide game changers in your team. The Sedins are silky, skill full and a lot tougher than they are given credit for but they don't frighten anyone, either in a pugilistic sense or a "clear defenders out of the way" sense. Burrows can be a game changer but unfortunately he too is not able to knock people over.

Kesler, when fit, is our only real game changer............JUST. However is it fair to place the total load on him? No it's not and his body has taken a hammering because of it.

Higgins and Booth are 2nd division. They try to put themselves about a bit but we saw how effective they are when they encounter big bodies like the Kings had. They were to all intents and purposes ..............snuffed out.

So give me a battler like Kane on Kes's line to help spread the load and give me someone like a young Owen Nolan up there with the Sedin's to give them the space to get the job done.

People like Tambo are not going to get us to the Cup..........so let's stop setting our sights on good average players and instead get a couple of forwards who can "make some noise" and let one of them be an elite big body. Enough bargain basement hunting.......we are past the time for "uncovered gems"

• 2 weeks later...

Tambo has more grit and probably would fit on the third line more so than Raymond, but Tambo is playing in the swiss league right now, he is enjoying it there and has 1-2 years left on his contract so he's untouchable for now....

I'm not really finished with Raymond yet, I'm losing patience only because he's not good enough for the top 6 role and he's not gritty enough for the bottom 6 role. That said Raymond is only 26 still and some players don't come into their own until they are 26-28 years old.

With a full season to train now, Raymond should be fit enough and hopefully has more balance next year.

If Tambo does come back to the NHL, which I think he will, I'd sign him for another 1 year deal, but it is likely he'd go to calgary and re-unite with Bob Hartley who made him the best player on the Zurich Lions.

Great guy, and wish him the best in the years to come.

Archived