The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jeff Tambellini

This is my first post so don't hit me on this. Jeff Tambellini is a B.C born left winger. Drafed in 2003 by L.A. His advantages he brings to the game is speed, aggressive player, and most of all, he has a wicked sniper-like shot. We signed him a contract 1 year two-way contract back in 10-11. He played on our forth line the majority of the time. My theory is that this kid has potential to be a great dependable and fearful hockey player. His shot very very good and accurate which very few NHL players can achieve. He is SOMEWHAT comparable to Stamkos but he needs the training and guidance of players, coaches and staff. I personally think he has a potential to grow into a star. He is currently playing for the ZSC Lions in the Swiss league. To be honest with you guys, Jeff can easily outplay Mason Raymond provided if he gets the chance to play in the 2nd,3rd line instead of the forth. AV decided to put him on the forth line but as a goal-scorer, I don't think AV is playing him right. Anyways, what I am saying is that we should dump Mason Raymond and his 2 mil contract and sign Jeff to a contract with us instead. Lets compare MR with JT

Jeff Tambellini: PROS:hard-working, fast skater, terrific stamkos' like sniper shot, has potential to become a star provided if he gets the opportunity and can play aggressive hockey also very good at shootouts

CONS: needs guidance, coaching, and advice from players,staff, and coaches.

Mason Raymond: PROS:Fast skater and good at shootouts

CONS: Falls very often on the ice, bad balance, bad puck control, bad determination, bad play maker, weak, too soft, hefty contract, does not fit anywhere in our line-up

To sum up things, Mason had gotten to opportunity to shine here on the greatest team in the NHL but he blew it. He simply doesn't belong here and he doesn't fit well in our line up. His contract is a bust and he provides very little upside to our organization. The better option is to sign a sniper which out team lacks and play him on the appropriate line-up. He has skill to score, but he is not an enforcer which AV thinks he is. I think we should sign Jeff and dump Mason and play Jeff on the second line with Kesler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ZMRA2fkvo

^ just a video of his plays in Swiss

^something Mason Raymond CAN do but won't.

^ his sniper

post-89297-0-26507600-1338527994_thumb.j

post-89297-0-26507600-1338527994_thumb.j

Was always a fan of Tambellini and wouldn't mind him coming back. I just hope he plays more consistently he did play with Raymond and Kesler on the second line, did well there but eventually slumped.

I dunno... Tambellini had streaks of genius, (didn't he score like 10 goals in a month or something?) but, and this is a big but, he was Really inconsistent as a scorer... Maybe if we moved him to a checking role on the 4th/3rd line. But we defiantly can't rely on him for much more than that... but as we've seen, he's bound to pick up a few important ones here, and there... wasn't bad on the Shoot out either, was he?

yeah as mentioned before there's the consistency factor but given how MG likes to give players chances (plus Tambo's a 1st round pick who could at least be the versatile 13th forward at the worst, I'd probably take him over Ebbett) and with the success he had with the Swiss team I'm sure that he'd at least warrant interest from some team in the NHL if not from MG. If Ryan Lasch, who played for the U.S. WC team and played in Europe too, could get signed by the Ducks, I'm not sure why Tambo, who has played in the NHL, shouldn't at least get SOME interest somewhere, given the strong season he had.

I want Raymond gone more than anyone, but I still consider him to be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tambellini.

Skills, but no hockey sense at all. Can't release that shot if you're never able to get open.

i would prefer exploring other options to replace Raymond, but Tambo would be the better option. Raymond didn't put effort into his back-check in the playoffs this year and Tambo - well I'm sure we all remember his amazing back check play he did (last season I beleive).

Archived