The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I love this team going in the 2012- 2013 season.

Evil Roach

Guest BuckFoston

At the beginning of the playoffs I am willing to bet that you had no idea that LA was going to win the cup. At the start of the playoffs, you would have rather been the #1 seed. The playoffs are a freaking crapshoot! LA could have conceivable not even made the playoffs!

At least we give ourselves the best shot of winning (yes, the #1 seed has the best odds).

And LA has been the most dominant playoff team since the Oilers, give them some credit. Some LA fans are saying that we were their best opponant. I think we were still the second best team in the league and we can get better.

As for being a no.1 seed - it goes both ways... yes it gives you the best chance to win and at the same time makes you look like the absolute worst when you piss away the chance and lose. Which is exactly that this team did.

Guest BuckFoston

we've pissed it away 2 years in a row now as the #1 seed, last year was even more embarrassing than this year imo. 2-0 series lead in the cup final and then completely imploded, this year we were never even in it to begin with against the Kings and alot of people were predicting if there was giong to be an upset in the west it was going to be the Kings beating us, and they were right.

Nobody in LA will give a crap about the Kings a couple years from now anyways unless they win it again, just like Anaheim. Let's be honest if the Lakers were still playing and made the finals we know what the bigger draw would be. Hockey takes a back seat to other sports in Cali

Optimism is a great drug...

But the team needs an upgrade to win a cup...

As I've said before, needs to use some assets and take a risk for short term gain - if FA and it's only financial risk, so much the better.... Overpay a FA to come here? Else need a trade

I just want Edler to play better in next years playoffs.. He crashed and burned. Still remaining positive though.

Although I still think AV is a bad playoff coach and the CoHo trade shot us in the foot, no matter the reasoning.

Next year though.

Long summer. Long rest. Going to be interesting to see what happens.

IMO, the Sedin line with Burr will be rockin again next year. The second line will be fine with a healthy Ryan Kesler, maybe add in another top 6 player.

The one change I would make is to have a big, young, and skilled 3rd line.

My dream team:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Jensen-Colborne-Kassian

Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen

Hamhuis-Schenn

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Bieksa

That is some serious depth on D, and a huge team up front. That 3rd line is what wins you cups.

The Canucks have a few holes that they need to fill and if MG can pull off a few blockbuster moves, I would say they will be there contending again next season. Although I think most fans like myself will go into next season with the "show me additude" . The regular season will mean nothing unless they can follow it up with a SC.

Hey its nice to be positive but man a little over the top with the love in with this team. If you can't admit your faults your destined to never improve. You talk about motivation being a key factor, yet we were in game 7 of the SCF and played a dud of a game that night.. Motivation sure didn't help that night.

Still back to back presidents trophy winners?? Who gives a rats ass, it was nice to win for the first time but really its meaningless and proves absolutely nothing except your a great regular season team. I could down that list all day.

This team has plenty of areas to improve on, so yes if MG did nothing this off-season it would be a major disappointment IMO. Im not saying we need to blow this team up but there are a couple areas that absolutely need improving. Adding another top 6 forward is a huge need considering our porous offensive output again, the defense clearly was a weak spot for us; another top 4 guy is a must and i think most are resigned to the fact the goaltender situation will almost certainly be played out this summer.

If we keep this team the same I'm not even renewing center ice next year. I'm sick and tired of watching the revolving door of depth players playing on any which line on any given night. No wonder AV looks like an idiot half the time, he's only got one line and the rest are grinders. I'm glad we got a good dressing room but frankly that doesn't mean jack squat if you don't win. We need more than 3 top 6 players FFS. One scoring line and 3 checking lines ... lame.

This was fine when we were just a medicore team. We're spending to the cap (we are one of the richest teams), I expect a bunch of players that can deliver, not a group of nice guys that all work hard, are smart, are good people, blah blah blah Gillis. It's a hockey team, get us some us some God damn f'cn top calibre f'ckn players already.

Alright I feel better.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Kassian Kesler Booth

Hansen Lappierre Higgins

Jensen Schroeder Maholtra

Obviously this forward lineup is made up from the current Canuck roster and Wolves prospects.

Raymond is a big question mark.

On defence...

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Tanev

Ballard Salo

This is what we have to work with currently. It will be interesting to see what kind of moves Gillis and Co. make this off season.

Archived