The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman Interview

Line Juggler

I believe 1:16 into the interview Laurence said..."Mike has definitely talked to a couple - number of General Managers about both our goaltenders"

Not a lot of team's interested ladies and gentlemen just a couple I mean a number of teams....

Actually, when he was asked the question if schneider could be traded instead of Luo this was the first time I actually think Luo is going. If you have watched the interview, I hope you caught it. His face answered NO WAY then he slowly changed it to deadpan as he kept talking.

I am sad, I like Lou and think he still has what it takes.

Apparently several teams have come to the Canucks with interest specifically Florida and Toronto. Glliis and Gilman have been asked "what it would take" by a few teams but have refused to make the first offer. Dreger was saying that they're waiting for other teams to make offers before they begin discussions.

Gilis and Gilman are effectively manipulating the media as a tool to drum up interest for Luongo/Schneider. Ofcoarse Gillis and Gilman aren't going to make the first offer because Luongo's value decreases from the first offer in deals like these. By waiting for an offer, they're driving up Luongo's value every second. Rather then lose value in the return package, they'll be gaining value by building on the first offer made by another team.

Gillis knows the perfect time to trade Luongo will be sometime during August or right before training camp. Teams like Florida, Toronto, Columbus, New Jersey, etc. will be knocking on our door about Luongo/Schneider and even Eddie Lack throughout the offseason. Its likely that one of our goalies is going to be traded tomorrow.

Morris Berger Poll

Who r u?

Why Did u write ur post as if u know what's happening??

The sad truth- they have to listen to offers for both gks bc there are no good offers for Luongo

Think about it, can Florida pay Luongo the remaining 47million of his contract? No way, they are in financial trouble

Toronto wants to give us as little as possible

There r no good offers out there for Luo

And the whole listening business and not putting an offer on the table is bizarre

Morris Berger Poll

Who r u?

Why Did u write ur post as if u know what's happening??

The sad truth- they have to listen to offers for both gks bc there are no good offers for Luongo

Think about it, can Florida pay Luongo the remaining 47million of his contract? No way, they are in financial trouble

Toronto wants to give us as little as possible

There r no good offers out there for Luo

And the whole listening business and not putting an offer on the table is bizarre

I believe 1:16 into the interview Laurence said..."Mike has definitely talked to a couple - number of General Managers about both our goaltenders"

Not a lot of team's interested ladies and gentlemen just a couple I mean a number of teams....

Archived