The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated Article] A Tale of Two Tenders: what do the numbers mean for the Canucks future

coleycanuck

Lu's cap hit stays the same throughout the entire length of the contract. We would be paying Luongo $5.3 mil and Schneider $2.5-$3.5 mil which would total $7.8-8.8 mil on team goaltending. Doesn't make sense when we can just make the better goalie our #1 guy and ship Luongo out of town. Save money, improve in net, get younger.

I don't read into these stats at all. Schneider has played 56 regular season games in the NHL.

Say what you want, that is just not a big enough sample size to compare him to Luongo. These 2 really shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence considering the completely different jobs they had last season. When Schneider is starting and playing 60-70 games feel free to compare, but it's a whole different game playing a sheltered 33 games in spot starts when he's fresh and not fatigued at all.

Oh and don't even dare bringing up the playoffs last season. The team played disgustingly from forwards to defenders, the goalie swap had no reflection on Luongo or Schneider's performance. Now you guys are saying Schneider is more "stable" and "consistent" in the playoffs based on a rediculously low 4 starts? The kid has 1 playoff win, he is still a nobody and you say he's better than a top-10 NHL goalie (all-time for that matter) who has more experience and big-game performances than anyone in the league right now.

Mark my words "Luongo haters", if the Canucks hitch their wagon onto Schneider and trade Luongo this franchise is about to collapse. We will not win the cup for another 3 years at least, quote me on it.

Archived