The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GabbyTheAwesome

Hey guys I have an idea that will help the huge trade activity. Obviously all of us our excited about the game, and are busy retooling our teams in our to improve. How about we make a trade deadline? Say, Saturday or Monday for example. We could still work on our teams until then (and have fun while doing it), and then after that, we wait for the game. What do you guys think? We could extend the deadline if you think that it's too far from the release date.

Hey guys I have an idea that will help the huge trade activity. Obviously all of us our excited about the game, and are busy retooling our teams in our to improve. How about we make a trade deadline? Say, Saturday or Monday for example. We could still work on our teams until then (and have fun while doing it), and then after that, we wait for the game. What do you guys think? We could extend the deadline if you think that it's too far from the release date.

TRADE DEADLINE IS AUGUST 10 @11:59 PM PST

ALL TRADES POSTED AFTER THIS DATE ARE NULL AND VOID

Trading will be reopened 2 in-game weeks after the season starts, and all the previous trades have been either carried out, voided by one or more owners, or rejected by the comissioner.

Please don't do anything stupid

LA Kings Lineup

FORWARDS

Justin Williams ($3.650m) / Anze Kopitar ($6.800m) / Dustin Brown ($3.175m)

Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Mike Richards ($5.750m) / Jeff Carter ($5.273m)

Dustin Penner ($3.250m) / Jarret Stoll ($3.250m) / Trevor Lewis ($0.725m)

Dwight King ($0.750m) / Colin Fraser ($0.825m) / Kyle Clifford ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Drew Doughty ($7.000m) / Willie Mitchell ($3.500m)

Rob Scuderi ($3.400m) / Matt Greene ($2.950m)

Slava Voynov ($0.817m) / Alec Martinez ($0.738m)

GOALTENDERS

Jonathan Quick ($1.800m)

Jonathan Bernier ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,271,893; BONUSES: $130,000

CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $10,928,107

The Colorado Avalanche are happy to announce the acquisitions of Cam Fowler and Torrey Mitchell, who were acquired from Anaheim and New Jersey in exchange for Mike Fisher and hot prospect Matt Dumba. Colorado also gets a 4th round pick in this deal.

"Giving up Dumba and Fish was tough" commented GM Hamhuis2. "But it was necessary. Our team is better now because of this trade. We think both of these players are fantastic, but we are excited about what we got in return. Fowler is only few years older than Dumba, and we know he will be a solid contributor in our top-4 this year, and will be a star in this league for years to come. When you get a chance to not only upgrade your defence now, but also get a guy who has the potential to do what Karlsson did this past year, you take it"

When asked about what Fisher meant to the 3rd line, the Gm had this to say, "Fisher was a great guy to have on our 3rd, but not irreplaceable. Mitchell is a proven asset. He is a young guy, who is solid defensively and who we believe has offensive potential. He will do just fine centring our 3rd line."

When asked if any more deals are likely to take place before Friday's deadline, the GM only had this to say. "We are happy with our team now, happy that we have what we believe to be a good mix of guys on our blue line and a good mix of youth and veterans throughout our lineup. That being said, if a deal comes our way that works for us, we won't hesitate to improve our team."

Fowler+Winnik+ANA 4th 2013

for

Fisher+Dumba

then...

Winnik

for

Torrey Mitchell

NHL 13 Colorado Avalanche GM Roster

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Taylor Hall ($3.750m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m)

Ryan Smyth ($2.250m) / Ryan O'Reilly ($4.500m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)

David Moss ($2.100m) / Torrey Mitchell ($1.900m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)

Cody McLeod ($1.150m) / Zenon Konopka ($0.925m) / Matt Kassian ($0.575m)

David Van Der Gulik ($0.575m) / Mark Olver ($0.600m) / Bill Thomas ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jan Hejda ($3.250m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)

Rostislav Klesla ($2.975m) / Cam Fowler ($1.400m)

Shane O'Brien ($2.000m) / Justin Falk ($0.825m)

Greg Zanon ($2.250m) / Ryan O'Byrne ($1.800m)

GOALTENDERS

Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m)

Jason Labarbera ($1.250m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,208,333; BONUSES: $3,350,000

CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $6,991,667

New Jersey Devils are happy to have acquired Daniel Winnik!

hamhuis2, I honestly don't see why you're writing up all those make believe GM speeches. You're trading for guys and flipping them off for other guys so many times. :P

Not hating, it just seems like a lot to do when you're just going to trade them away right after.

No problem for me to do, I enjoy making these interviews up. I have flipped some players in order to improve my team, but I believe that with Cam Fowler on my blue line I am set. I may do some minor deals, but I am very happy with my roster as it is right now, and trade deadline is Friday anyway, so not like my trading will go on for much longer, just want to be set before that Friday 11:59PM buzzer sounds.

Good dealing with you, I believe that was a fair hockey deal for two teams trading from positions of strength for what they needed.

Archived