The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GabbyTheAwesome

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

The Colorado Avalanche and the Edmonton Oilers have made a trade today that could alter the course of both franchises.

The Avalanche have traded young winger Landeskog+Downie+1st 2013 for young speedster Taylor Hall and veteran Ryan Smyth.

"We feel that we addressed our toughness and grit with other deals we have made" says GM Hamhuis2. "Landeskog is a great player, and will be a great player, but we feel that we were missing an element of speed and skill that Taylor brings night in and night out."

Steve Downie, who was higher sought after by a number of teams, became expendable as the team acquired David Clarkson earlier today. Today marks a pivotal day in both franchise's history, and now the hockey world looks and and will always compare Hall to Landeskog for their entire careers.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

The Colorado Avalanche and the Edmonton Oilers have made a trade today that could alter the course of both franchises.

The Avalanche have traded young winger Landeskog+Downie+1st 2013 for young speedster Taylor Hall and veteran Ryan Smyth.

"We feel that we addressed our toughness and grit with other deals we have made" says GM Hamhuis2. "Landeskog is a great player, and will be a great player, but we feel that we were missing an element of speed and skill that Taylor brings night in and night out."

Steve Downie, who was higher sought after by a number of teams, became expendable as the team acquired David Clarkson earlier today. Today marks a pivotal day in both franchise's history, and now the hockey world looks and and will always compare Hall to Landeskog for their entire careers.

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT

I think hall can turn out to be a 90-100 point top-5 player while landeskog will be a 70-80 point guy, though he brings intangables. I felt downie was not needed, same with my pick as I got clarkson, a 1st, and dumba back from minny. To me it's not about overalls but about personal preference

UPDATED LINES

NHL 13 Colorado Avalanche GM Roster

Hall-Kesler-Kovalchuck

Smyth-O’Reilly-Vbrata

Moss-Fisher-Clarkson

McLeod-Kenopka-Kassian

Hedja-Yandle

Klesla-O’Brien

Zanon-Falk

Backstrom

Labarbra

Yandle could be available if it means another top defender is coming back.

2nd Line Left Wingers and Centers intrigue me. Lecavalier and Pouliot OTB for either 1 for 1 or 2 for 2 trades

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Ryan Malone ($4.500m) / Steven Stamkos ($7.500m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)

Benoit Pouliot ($1.800m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($7.727m) / Teddy Purcell ($2.363m)

Dana Tyrell ($0.600m) / Mikael Backlund ($0.725m) / Michael Ryder ($3.500m)

Tom Pyatt ($0.600m) / Nate Thompson ($0.900m) / B.J. Crombeen ($1.000m)

Adam Hall ($0.650m) / J.T. Wyman ($0.600m)

DEFENSEMEN

Matt Carle ($5.500m) / Victor Hedman ($4.000m)

Eric Brewer ($3.875m) / Sami Salo ($3.750m)

Mattias Ohlund ($3.607m) / Brian Lee ($1.150m)

Marc-Andre Bergeron ($1.000m) / Brendan Mikkelson ($0.600m)

GOALTENDERS

Anders Lindback ($1.800m)

Mathieu Garon ($1.300m)

BUYOUTS

Vinny Prospal ($1.167m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,838,583; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (24-man roster): $4,361,417

Archived