The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Laurence Gilman on CKNW

CanuckRow

Seriously, these management guys need to remember that this is Vancouver and not Phoenix. Idiotic, condescending cliches don't work here. We're educated. We like hockey.

"Several" teams on Lu - really? Who? Florida, and perhaps their farm team to hear some info on their prospects? Luongo holds all the cards here, and he pretty clearly wants to either rot in Florida or go to Chicago.

And that they "feel no rush". Right. If that's the case, then why was a deal reportedly reached with Toronto, only to be rejected by Roberto? You can be SURE that they feel rushed to get this done, as the risk of Luongo coming to camp while knowingly wanting to be somewhere else will be a team killer. The cheerleaders here may respond and cite Luongo's professionalism and/or "well, he's friends with Schneider, so he'll be fine", but that is a load of crap. You can't bring that guy to camp and expect it not to be a league-wide distraction. It would be a MESS.

And don't tell me that "it's a nice problem to have" 2 goalies who are at the upper-echelon level. Not if one of that has publicly asked for a trade, it's not, and not if that guy will be earning more money than anyone else on the team in exchange for playing 1/10 games. That makes for a DIVISIVE locker room.

Common sense should include that we were beaten in a war of attrition. A combination of beat downs and cheap shots included, but hockey injuries were just as prevalent. With no second line, save Kesler playing hurt, The Sedins were taking defensive zone draws against Lucic and Krecji, which was completely out of character. And just one example. We were in tough from the start. In the end so many match ups broke down we could neither score nor stop goals. So we lost.

Hockey is a physical game. If you break down physically to the point you cannot compete; did the better team not win?

Ask a boxer that question?

We lost because we were missing Hamhuis and Kesler had one hip. Gillis is just speaking the truth, anyone with common sense can see that was why we lost.

Everybody should just chill on Burrows. It was a frickin fight; should he kiss him?

Its not like Kieth's good sportsmanship has been validated. He does things that drive people to want to kill him. His cheap shot on Danny is worse IMO. I agree with this point just below...

That's because that's exactly how you fight a long haired femme like DB Keith .. you must use every available tool at hand .. B)

Blah, blah, blah. etc.

Doan does not dive.That would be a welcome addition.

Stamkos,Giroux,Stall,Tavares,Gaborik,Spezza,Eberle,Hopkins-not really known for diving.

Ballard,Hamhuis,Bieksa,Edler,Tanev,Garrison.No divers there.

Higgins,Booth,Hansen,Kass,Pinny,Volpy,Ebbett-no divers there,either.

First line and second line center man seem to have a problem with diving which means that they are waiting for calls that never come. There is nobody employed on line 1 and line 2 that can take care of business.

Back to you,Gillis.

Doan would be a good start.

Sorry to go on a tangent, but Daniel Sedin and Burrows are listed at 6'1" and Henrik is 6'2". That is not small by NHL standards. Maybe not big, but definitely not small. They maybe just don't play so big ;)

I agree though that Arnott, Doan and Mattias/Bjugstad could be potentially good acquisitions, too.

Just because we are fans of the Canucks and especially Kesler does not mean we have to love his diving and shut up.

Come on.It is embarrassing to watch a grown man act like a child.

If Kesler was hurt so bad he should not have been playing.Playing hurt hurts the team and risks further,serious injury.

Burr and Hank weren't diving as much as Kesler against LA.

Those two learned to stop. I don't recall Burrows and Hank diving in the LA series. But then again, I only remember bits and pieces of the series the Canucks lose. So I certainly hope you don't pull out a Hank and Burr diving montage to put me in my place.

I want Kesler to succeed. I'm going to post this video again.

I remember hank getting knocked the f out by brown unless you guys call that a dive lol. Sedins are diff they used be very weak on their feet so easy to knock down, so I hope they arent also diving.

Kesler held his own against IGINLA.

What if Kesler pummeled Brown into oblivion instead of diving?

I'm harder on Kesler's dives, than any other players deficiencies, because it's just a matter of attitude. It is a quick fix. When he's not scoring, he could be hitting and fighting. He shouldn't be diving.

I think most of our team learned that last season. There was less diving. It's Captain America's turn.

Archived