The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expectiations for Kassian?

WHFproductions

15g 20A 35P, assuming he gets solid 3rd line minutes, would be good numbers for his level of development. If he provides the toughness he was brought in for then I would rate that as comparable to Hodgson getting 55 points in a 2nd line role.

I consider the deal worth it if there is no more than 20-25 points difference between them each year throughout their careers, with Kassian's physicality making up the difference. Saber's drafting this year proved that there are questions around Hodgson aplenty.

In his first 3 games here Zach showed that he can produce and hit everything that moves. It's just a matter of being consistent, which may prove to be an easier shortcoming to overcome than Cody's issues.

Most people have been comparing Zack to Big Bert. Bertuzzi only had 23 points while playing 64 games with the Islanders in his 2nd season. It took him 6 seasons to finally hit the 50 point mark. So we need to be patient with Kassian, he's still young and could potentially become a guy like Lucic.

15g 20A 35P, assuming he gets solid 3rd line minutes, would be good numbers for his level of development. If he provides the toughness he was brought in for then I would rate that as comparable to Hodgson getting 55 points in a 2nd line role.

I consider the deal worth it if there is no more than 20-25 points difference between them each year throughout their careers, with Kassian's physicality making up the difference. Saber's drafting this year proved that there are questions around Hodgson aplenty.

In his first 3 games here Zach showed that he can produce and hit everything that moves. It's just a matter of being consistent, which may prove to be an easier shortcoming to overcome than Cody's issues.

Archived