The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Adrian Peterson's case for MVP is far better than Comeback player of the year. He didn't miss any significant time at all last year. Manning, on the other hand, did.

With that said, I'd probably vote for Peyton as MVP too. Not only has he come back from a serious neck injury, but he had to come into an entirely new system and team. Since getting into the groove with his new team, he's knocked off 10 wins in a row. With a seemingly easy game against the Chiefs at home next week, Manning and the Broncos are in great position to end up 13-3 and with a loss by the Texans, secure home field-advantage throughout (they've lost once at home this year, by 6 to the Texans).

He'll probably win OROY, RG3 should seriously be considered for MVP. He's completely injected new life into an almost dead franchise. With a win next week the REDSKINS will host a playoff game...

Defensive Player is obviously Watt.

The NFL Playoffs are shaping up pretty good, the past few years have shown getting hot at the right time can have a great impact on your success.

AFC

Agan, the Broncos have been reeling hot and John Fox is not resting his starters next week. Smart move, it'll be interesting to see if the week off will affect them, but I doubt it.

The Texans are playing really bad right now and are a possible one and done.

The Patriots haven't played Patriot like the last two weeks, although if Brady gets going he's obviously something to be reckoned with.

The Ravens are in a similar situation as the Texans it seems, although that win against the Giants was impressive, if they can defeat the Bengals next week they might gain some confidence going into the playoffs.

Good on Luck and the Colts for making it into the playoffs, and Dalton and the Bengals for second year, but neither pose a real threat to contend for the SB.

I see a Broncos-Patriots AFC Championship matchup. If the Broncos are at home, I can see them winning this game. Their pass-rush and defense as a whole has greatly improved since the first matchup. Manning and the revamped run game will have some success against the Pats D. Home field is key here, so next week isn't entirely meaningless.

NFC

The NFC, I think, is a lot more interesting than the AFC.

The Falcons have found ways to win games throughout the year and consistently. They haven't lost at home, yet, and have home field locked throughout. Whoever goes to the dome will have some trouble.

Green Bay - This team looks a lot like the team that won the Superbowl 2 years ago. They're hot and playing extremely well. They've beaten Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs before, if they can win a playoff game at home we may have that rematch!

San Francisco - Their defense is really really good, and offense has some weapons. But I don't trust Kaepernick to go into Lambeau Field and win a playoff game.

Sehawks - Russell Wilson, I kind of do trust. He's won some games, demonstrates extraordinary leadership and skill. Their defense is really good too. They're gonna have an easier first-round matchup than the Niners (if the Niners stay 3rd), against the Cowboys or Redskins. They'll likely travel to Atlanta in the second round, that'll be an awesome game.

Redskins/Cowboys - I always love games that decide who wins a division/goes to the playoffs. But neither of these teams is really elite, and probably won't play a huge factor in contending.

Vikings - AP's season has been incredible, but the way Green Bay has been playing, I think they're going to lose next week.

Chicago - This defense was unstoppable a few weeks ago. But now they're on the outside looking in, but if as I predicted GB beats Minnesota and they beat the Lions, the Bears will be in and playing most likely the Niners. Although they got thumped by the Niners a few weeks ago, I see this as one of those 'getting hot at the right time' teams. Their defense is very very good, and more importantly opportunistic. It really comes down to Jay Cutler not giving away games. They have the potential to be dangerous, but a lot of chips have to fall.

Peyton is the best QB of all time. Just doing what he has with the Broncos, likely leadin them to a 13-3 record, just goes to show how he is the best.

Peyton is not the best QB of all-time. The Denver Broncos made it to the second round last year with TIM TEBOW! TIM TEBOW! This year he had to play behind the worst starting QB in Sanchez and still didn't get playing time. That's how bad he is. It's really not surprising that Peyton got the Broncos to this record. The team was very good to begin with. It's not that impressive. He also only has 1 ring.

I was talking to the only other Titan fan I know and we were talking about if the Titans ever made the Super Bowl if we wod fork up a couple G's to go to the game. Then we thought it might be even cooler to go to Nashville and watch the game in a bar down there.

What would you guys wanna do if your team made the Super Bowl?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Broncos- Seattle Super Bowl game. For those thinking the Seahawks will choke in the playoffs, this team is built for the playoffs. They arguably have the best defense in the league and the second best running back. Russel Wilson is a two way threat much like Newton. For those thinking I'm a homer, I'm a Patriots fan. I also hate Manning.

Arian Foster plays for the Seahawks now?

Brady's got more yards as well and more yards per attempt (though very miniscule difference). But I know what you mean. Let's hope Brady can tear up the Fins secondary and get those numbers up a little ;)

Also, WOW Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks, and have thought they've been over rated. But dominating this 49ers team just changed my mind.

Brady has less yards per attempt. 7.86 > 7.79.

I bet Comeback Player of the year will be AP and MVP will be Peyton as it pains me to say. Brady should be MVP year in year out but always gets denied. Whatever, we still have the best QB in the history of the NFL so nothing to say about that. Just can't wait for the playoffs and see the Texans lose to the Colts next week!

Spoken like a true Pats fan... lol.

Truth is the Patriots have never won the SB without a top notch defence.

Spoken like a true Pats fan... lol.

Truth is the Patriots have never won the SB without a top notch defence.

This fact isn't emphasized enough. And it really speaks to the QB Brady is, rather than the coach Bellchick is.

Brady really is a great QB, but you can't win a Superbowl without a pass-rush...which the Patriots actually finally seem to be re-developing with some additions [drafting Chandler Jones]. But Brady is, what 35 now? Instead of constantly trading down for more picks, Belichick should have been trading away picks for pass-rushers and a couple of secondary players. They might just have another Superbowl or two under their belt.

Kind of like you and the canucks eh?

Uuuuuh, except I've been a Canucks fan since I was 9 years old, have never given up on my team ever, wore my jersey to school during the dark era from 1997-2000 and didnt care that I got ridiculed, each win felt like the Stanley Cup to me, I'm the complete opposite of a bandwagoner, the Canucks are a big chunk of my life and also my immediate family, and will continue to be after we are gone. I do trash talk alot about the Canucks rivals, but I have a right to since I'm an actual fan that doesnt put the team down after a couple losses, to me the Canucks are the best team ever, countless amounts of merchandise and memorobilia, our whole downstairs is painted in Canucks home jersey colors where we watch the games, so don't be callin me a bandwagoner.