The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Tor Van-Phi

To Van: Colborne,Franson,Frattin

To Tor: Luongo

To Van: Matt Reid

To Phi: Keith Ballard

I think these are good trades because we get youth,size,and a 47 point rookie winger to play alongside Kesler and Booth in Reid.

Sign Ellis for 1 year 1million

Our Lines with Kesler and without Doan.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Reid

Raymond-Malholtra-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Weise,Colbourne,Frattin

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Franson-Tanev

Alberts

Schneider

Ellis

Thx

Pcuzz :canucks:B)

The first trade i would do but Burkie says no

the second one i wouldn't do.... Ballard is a really solid number 5 dman who we should keep, plus Read has only had one solid season, and I do not beleive he is ready for a permanent

NHL role, let alone one in the top 6.

Look; Burke's #1 and #2 needs are a top goalie and a top centre. If Burke believes Colburne is a future 75 or 80 point top line centre this deal is going nowhere. But I don't see that, so he should consider it.

Franson is a serviceable D with a big shot, but they have Phaneuf and Liles and only paid a 2knd round pick for him (so he is also not a premium grade prospect) and Frattin a depth forward. Just reiterating Burke should be looking at trades like this! The real problem is he is trying to hit a home run after getting beat down on some bad trades and signings to restore his reputation. There is nothing here Burke needs as badly as a goalie like Lou.

The first trade i would do but Burkie says no

the second one i wouldn't do.... Ballard is a really solid number 5 dman who we should keep, plus Read has only had one solid season, and I do not beleive he is ready for a permanent NHL role, let alone one in the top 6.

Archived