The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Virtual Hockey League (Red Wings & Flyers available)

SOB for MVP

While the awards are happening I'd like to officially announce that the 2014 NHL Entry Draft will begin on Sunday, November 25th at Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Rules to come soon as well as a thread.

While the awards are happening I'd like to officially announce that the 2014 NHL Entry Draft will begin on Sunday, November 25th at Wells Cargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Rules to come soon as well as a thread.

Conn Smythe Trophy

Nominees

CHI Jonathan Toews: 24-14-19-33, +8, 4 PPG, 1 GWG, 2 GTG

CHI Thomas Vanek: 11-15-26, +9, 4 PPG, 2 GWG, 1 GTG

FLA Stephen Weiss: 24-11-19-30, -6, 5 PPG, 1 GWG

FLA Shawn Horcoff: 24-7-17-24, -5, 3 PPG, 3 GWG

CHI Corey Crawford: 24-16-4-4, 0.934 SV% 1.85 GAA, 1 SO

holland.jpg

It saddens me to announce that Chimon has been relieved as his duties as GM of the Detroit Red Wings. With three years in the VHL, and past fantasy league experience, it is unacceptable that he was only able to make it to the playoffs in one of those three seasons. Let this be a lesson to GMs moving forward, that underperforming in this league is unacceptable, and will be dealt with accordingly. We would like to thank Chimon for his time in the VHL, and wish him the best moving forwards.

GM Chimon Dismissed from Detroit; Re-Hired by the Flames Within an Hour

Less than a day after the conclusion of the 2013-14 Stanley Cup Finals, GM Chimon was finally relieved of his position by the Detroit Red Wings Board of Directors following a heated discussion about the team's future. Having entered the league in 2011-12, GM Chimon made the playoffs twice in his tenure, having been eliminated in the first round by the Minnesota Wild and Phoenix Coyotes.

"Honestly, it was kind of a shock to be fired at first," GM Chimon addressed the media outside Joe Louis Arena. "I was only expecting management to tell me that I needed to do better than first-round exits, but I guess they ran out of patience. I really thought I had more time than just 3 years in Detroit. With the addition of Parise and Goligoski this year, we have the opportunity to become a perennial contender. I guess the way I acquired those players became a problem to the organization."

Having finishing in the bottom-5 of the league in his rookie season, GM Chimon was able to lead the Wings to a post-season birth in 2012-13, a remarkable jump in position. However, much of the speculation around Chimon's dismissal revolved around his scorched-earth policy of the team's future. The list of high-profile prospects that Chimon had purged from the team in his short 3-year term are many: Marcus Johansson, Tyler Seguin, Gustav Nyquist, Tomas Tatar, former Calder nominee Evgeny Kuznetsov, Riley Sheahan, Landon Ferraro, Calle Jarnkrok, Tomas Hertl, and Markus Granlund.

"Those were difficult decisions to make, moving the young guys in favor of established NHLers," Chimon spoke in defence of his transactions. "I felt that we were better off contending for a playoff spot for the next couple years instead of waiting for those guys to develop. I thought management were supportive of the idea...I guess they had a change of heart."

"On the other hand, I'm glad that I will be having an opportunity to direct the Flames. They've got a great young group to build around and I look forward to developing and turning the team into a contender...maybe not in the short-term, but the future of the organization looks bright with all the talent they possess. Perhaps I'll be given a bit more leeway with the way I run things in a Canadian organization."

Decided no time better then now to start the offline draft..

With the 1st overall pick in the 2014 draft the New York Rangers are proud to select from the Kootney Ice of the WHL.

Sam Reinhart

Kootenay-Ices-Sam-Reinhart.jpg

Being compared to Sidney Crosby doesn't happen to often so taking the likes of Sam was a no brainer for the Rangers. He's a dominating force in the WHL and at the age of 17 is 6'1 180lbs. He has size, speed, amazing puck handling skills and a nack for scoring.

We expect Sam to jump right into the NHL next year and make an immediate impact.

Welcome to New York Sam !

Archived