The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

You know... as much as I hate John Cena. I can appreciate what he has done for the business...

He made me change the channel today. He does it more often than even the Big Show does. His open challenges were actually pretty fun to watch, but hearing his monologue in response to Rollins makes me want to skip Summer Slam altogether.

Province has interview with Bollywood Boyz talking about GFW and more.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Burnaby+Bollywood+Boyz+take+their+wrestling+dream+Vegas/11226947/story.html

Burnaby brothers Gurv and Harv Sihra have had fans at independent wrestling shows across the country gleefully chanting about Butter Chicken.

The good-guy tag team of the Bollywood Boyz might have arena-sized crowds doing the same in the near future.

Gurv, 30, and Harv, 27, Moscrop Secondary products who are coming up on a decade of working their craft together in the indies, have signed on with Global Force Wrestling, the latest brainchild of Jeff Jarrett, a former WWE main-event competitor who was also founded TNA Wrestling.

The Boyz are on the card for GFWs inaugural television taping on Friday at the 9,500-seat Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. Theres no word yet on an airing date.

The promotions roster is loaded with names that even peripheral wrestling fans will recognize, including Bobby Roode, Chris Sabin, Mickie James, Scott Steiner, Davey Boy Smith, Jr., and Shelton Benjamin.

arrett, 48, a third-generation wrestler, came across the brothers initially via word of mouth and YouTube videos in 2011 when he was looking to put together Ring Ka King, a TNA-sponsored promotion in India. The brothers were part of a 26-episode TV season there in 2012, and theyve remained in contact with Jarrett ever since.

Jarrett first announced the formation of GFW in April, 2014.

Has it been hard to stay in wrestling? Its been very tough at times, explained Harv, who will pair with his brother to face the bad-guy-heel team of the Akbars on Friday as part of GFWs tag-team championship tournament.

You make a lot of sacrifices. You sacrifice relationships. You sacrifice a lot of career jobs. Most of our friends are well into their careers. Theyre married and they have kids.

The underlying theme from all the veterans weve talked to, though, has been, Just dont give up. Dont give up. Bret Hart recently said that Canadians have to work harder to get recognized in the States, but once we get there we succeed. Theres a history of that.

The underlying theme with the brothers is that theyre fans of the business. Theres a reverence.

Their latest finishing manoeuvre is the double sharpshooter, an ode to the submission hold made famous by Hart, the Calgary native who was once the face of the WWE.

The brothers latest souvenir T-shirt, which features their Butter Chicken 4 Life catchphrase, is in black and pink, which were the colours of the Hart Foundation, the tag team featuring Hart and Jim Neidhart.

Maybe most impressively, the brothers can recite, virtually word for word, the handful of conversations theyve had with Hart. The same goes for talks with Canadian wrestling stars such as Edge and Chris Jericho.

Jericho told us that if you can get over in a high school gym, you can get over at WrestleMania, Harv said, using wrestling vernacular for inciting the crowd, along with a reference to the WWEs showcase event.

Hes right. In a high school gym, everyone is right there on top of you. They can see everything you do.

The brothers have wrestled in their fair share of high school gyms, community centres and other modest-sized venues. The smallest crowd theyve performed for was five people, and Harv said, It was all family and friends.

Its hard to know whether he was joking or not.

There was another time they wrestled in front of 20 fans. The promoter asked them beforehand if they still wanted to go on.

At the time, you dont think youre paying your dues, or you are struggling, said Gurv, who, like Harv, has a job in the retail industry to help pay his bills. You think, Cool, Im living my dream. Its not some chore.

Harv added: I remember sleeping outside a gas station in the middle of Saskatchewan one night. The car was freezing. I look back now and think, How did we do that? Some of the drives weve done ... I am surprised we came back without a scratch. On the Hell Tour across Manitoba, we had the car do 360s on the ice roads. We flipped a car one time. We flipped it and had to be pulled out. It was like a near-death experience.

They say all that with massive smiles on their faces. If it was good enough for their wrestling heroes like Jericho, they will gladly do it.

WWE is offering up a quicker path to the top now, with the return of its reality-based TV show Tough Enough, which awards a contract to one male and one female participant. The brothers contend that they didnt give a thought to applying.

Never crossed our minds, said Gurv, who won the ECCW tag team belts with his brother before 1,000 fans as part of Ballroom Brawl 4 at the Commodore on July 11. Were not taking a shot at anybody, but we want to do it the old-school way. You want to be like Bret Hart or Chris Jericho or Eddie Guerrero. You want to have a track record. You want to be able to say, This is what I did, this is what I am about.

Theyre not massive guys physically. Theyre both 5-foot-10. Gurv is a little bit heavier, at 195 pounds, compared to Harvs 180. They do point to likes of Daniel Bryan, the former WWE champion whos listed at 5-foot-10, as someone of their build who made it to the upper echelon of the business.

Theyre keen on being baby faces, which is wrestling speak for good guys. All too often ethnic minorities are cast as bad guys. They like the idea of changing it up.

They come to the ring with the traditional music and the dancing. And theres certain truth to the gimmick, since the Harv has a role in an upcoming Bollywood flick called Brothers.

Most of all, they like the idea of sticking together. They quickly change the subject when asked about the scenario of one of them being approached by a major company about being a singles competitor.

Down the road, who knows? Right now, if were going to make it, were going to make it as tag team. Weve created a brand with the Bollywood Boyz. People like it. They want to chant Butter Chicken, at both of us, said Gurv.

Cena vs Rollins? really? if you wanted Cena vs Rollins for the WWE championship then you should have had Kevin Owens win the USA title... Owens was way better in that match anyways it was such a $&!#ty ending. This makes no sense i honestly thought that Owens lost to persue some other championship like the WWE title but no they have to shove John Cena down our throats again what a hunk of Bull.

Its really great to see them getting the attention I think the deserve. They are definitely "old school" type students of the business.

This is from Ballroom Brawl I and it shows what kind of crowd response they get. At Ballroom Brawl IV they easily got the loudest reaction.

Daniel Bryan was on Busted Open satellite radio show and confirmed he has a concussion and if WWE doesn't clear him to return he will wrestle again somewhere else. DB still has 3 years left on his contract. TNA and GFW will be lining up for him if he leaves WWE.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Daniel-Bryan-confirms-he-has-been-dealing-with-a-concussion-says-he-will-wrestle-somewhere-even-if-WWE-doesn-t-clear-him-43277

Edited by the last outlaw

Daniel Bryan was on Busted Open satellite radio show and confirmed he has a concussion and if WWE doesn't clear him to return he will wrestle again somewhere else. DB still has 3 years left on his contract. TNA and GFW will be lining up for him if he leaves WWE.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Daniel-Bryan-confirms-he-has-been-dealing-with-a-concussion-says-he-will-wrestle-somewhere-even-if-WWE-doesn-t-clear-him-43277

Willie Mitchell, Manny Malhotra, sounds familiar.

Should wrestle again in ECCW. One can hope.

10 revelations from Daniel Bryan's book including the first time him and Brie were trying to have intercourse and it was interrupted by Sheamus :lol:

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/daniel-bryan-book-wwe-yes-my-improbable-journey-to-the-main-event-of-wrestlemania-072115

1. The first time Bryan tried to have sex with then-girlfriend, now-wife, Brie Bella, two fellow WWE superstars, Ted DiBiase Jr. and Sheamus, interrupted the moment.

From the book: "We were naked and about to do our thing when all of a sudden we heard the sound of the door handle turning and then the door popped open. Bri jumped under the covers as Teddy and Sheamus barged into the room, inebriated as can be, wit the 'Ahhh fella!' and all that."

2. Vince McMahon was not happy about Bryan once being a vegan early in his WWE career.

From the book: "My first NXT match against Chris Jericho went really well and when Chris got to the back, he expressed to Vince McMahon what a great job I'd done. As Chris tells it, Vince responded almost in disgust, a grunting and then saying, 'Him? He doesn't even eat meat!' "

3. While Bryan was training at Shawn Michaels' wrestling school in his younger days, a not-so-healthy Michaels was demonstrating how to take a back body-drop. This led to Michaels getting yelled at by his mother in front of the whole class.

From the book: "All of a sudden from one of the doors I heard a woman scream out, 'Michael Shawn Hickenbottom! What are you doing?' It was Carol, Shawn's mom, and she gave him an earful in front of all of us for going against doctors' orders."

4. Two of the names Bryan, whose real name is Bryan Danielson, considered using before settling on Daniel Bryan were "Buddy Peacock" and "Lloyd Boner."

5. When he was a kid, Bryan was an avid baseball card collector.

From the book: "I ended up collecting a lot of players who were good but not necessarily stars. In baseball, instead of liking Ken Griffey Jr. -- who was on the Seattle Mariners and whose cards were always worth a lot -- I liked Roberto Alomar and Paul Molitor."

6. The first time he won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at a Tables, Ladders and Chairs pay-per-view, Bryan didn't find out until the day of the event.

From the book: "It was looking like I wouldn't be at WWE TLC either, but at the last minute I got booked at a Kmart to do a signing with Kelly Kelly before the show. ... After my signing, I came to the building, not expecting to be doing anything. I was just chatting and goofing around (at one point, I was browsing the Internet for the best paper airplane design, as I recall)."

7. After winning the title, Bryan started doing his now-infamous YES! chant after getting instructions from Vince McMahon.

From the book: "The one thing he did want was for me to be the happiest guy in the world as champion. Every time I went out, I had to treat it as if I had won the lottery. 'In this instance, there's no such thing as too over-the-top,' he said. I started by occasionally 'YES!'-ing during my entrance, and then after I'd win a match, I'd scream 'Yes!' again. For there it evolved rapidly, to the point where I was 'Yes!'-ing the entire way down the ramp in celebration of being champion."

8. Bryan was supposed to wrestle Charlie Sheen at SummerSlam in 2012, but the match never happened.

From the book: "He was going through a very public breakdown at the time, and somehow WWE brokered a deal for him to perform against me. He taped a couple of videos for 'Raw' insulting me, and even though it was a goofy match to be in, it would've put me in one of the top matches at SummerSlam. Unfortunately, whoever brokered the Sheen deal never got him to sign any sort of contract to do the event, and in typical Charlie Sheen fashion, he bailed."

9. He almost got into a fight with the company's COO, Triple H, after HHH stopped a match Bryan was supposed to win before getting injured.

From the book: "Usually I don't get super angry, and when I do it's barely visible. This time, I was furious and I let everyone know it. When I walked through the curtain, I yelled, 'What the f--- is that all about. That's f---ing bull----!' 'You need to calm down,' responded Triple H, who had been communicating with the doctor over the headset and called for the match to be stopped. 'No, you need to calm the f--- down,' I replied. We were up in each other's faces and both ready to fight."

10. Bryan and Brie scheduled their wedding to revolve around Brie's shooting with the E! reality show, "Total Divas," which paid for their wedding.