The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

marleau_12

1 hour ago, g_bassi13 said:

It's a good thing we got HHH vs. Sting though. HHH winning was a nice bonus. Things that matter.

How was HHH vs. Sting any good when Sting should have won in his in-ring WWE debut. The match wasn't that great, especially with the non-sense going on outside the ring betweeen DX and nWo. The nWo coming to Sting's aid made absolutely no sense at all. Nor did it make any sense for Sting to shake hands with HHH post-match, who had just hit hit with a sledgehammer to win the match.

Sting's entire WWE run is totally forgettable. 3 matches, well really 2 matches, third was a tag match with Cena on Raw against Rollins and Show.

1 minute ago, the last outlaw said:

How was HHH vs. Sting any good when Sting should have won in his in-ring WWE debut. The match wasn't that great, especially with the non-sense going on outside the ring betweeen DX and nWo. The nWo coming to Sting's aid made absolutely no sense at all. Nor did it make any sense for Sting to shake hands with HHH post-match, who had just hit hit with a sledgehammer to win the match.

Sting's entire WWE run is totally forgettable. 3 matches, well really 2 matches, third was a tag match with Cena on Raw against Rollins and Show.

I was being sarcastic. It was incredibly stupid. The only thing worse than having him debut against HHH, was him losing. 

13 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

I was being sarcastic. It was incredibly stupid. The only thing worse than having him debut against HHH, was him losing. 

Yeah....I don't get it, Taker VS Sting would have been the first thing I did; just to get it out of the way so Sting could move on to other things.... It was the ONE match everybody wanted to see; on the flipside... Perhaps they just didn't want to expose them both for being as old as they are, I mean, I couldn't actually see them putting on a great/amazingly long match at their ages; Still, It'll always be a sore spot and one of the biggest dream matches to never happen. I think if I was to book it, I would have added a 3rd, maybe even 4th guy to help carry the load of such a match. Perhaps Taker VS Sting VS Bray....Imagine Bray pulling off a win there; what an easy way to make a new star!

Yeah,looking back on Sting's time... I would have had Bray pin Taker while the Wyatt family beats the crap out of Sting; this could have eventually lead to Undertaker and Sting teaming up at a Raw/PPV Show - perhaps again, with a third/fourth guy(Cena/Kane likely) against the Wyatt family; ending with a mutual retirement and show of respect at WM32.

Edited by Nail3738

20 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

HHH vs Sting only happened for one reason.  Sting WAS WCW.  It was just another way for WWE to bury WCW. I still have to wonder if that injury was really an accident.

Definitely an accident....

2 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

HHH vs Sting only happened for one reason.  Sting WAS WCW.  It was just another way for WWE to bury WCW. I still have to wonder if that injury was really an accident.

I mean they made him lose for exactly that reason, because they could. It's the same reason that Lesnar lost to Cena the PPV after Wrestlemania 28 (Extreme Rules 2012), following his huge return. Made Lesnar look like a total goof. No one gained anything from it whatsoever, and it hurt Lesnar so badly that everyone immediately stopped giving nearly as much of a $&!# about him as a threat. But it happened because the WWE are all about their own.

But there's no way they intentionally injure him, or really anyone for that matter. They care about people's health and safety. Nor would Rollins ever agree to such a thing. I'm sure they wanted to do a lot more with him going forward.

The injury was definitely an accident. They wouldn't intentionally hurt him and I highly doubt Rollins would hurt him on purpose.

On another note, whenever wwe is promoting Wrestlemania week on the network, they fail to mention NXT Takeover Dallas. Strange that they aren't really advertising it that much. Maybe because that the card looks better than the actual WM card. 

2 minutes ago, Madness said:

The injury was definitely an accident. They wouldn't intentionally hurt him and I highly doubt Rollins would hurt him on purpose.

On another note, whenever wwe is promoting Wrestlemania week on the network, they fail to mention NXT Takeover Dallas. Strange that they aren't really advertising it that much. Maybe because that the card looks better than the actual WM card. 

The realy question about NXT is - can Triple H keep its integrity together long enough for Vince to Die/Retire.

On 3/18/2016 at 10:31 PM, g_bassi13 said:

I've heard the reason/excuse why Sting lost to HHH is because at the time there was some talk it might have been Sting's last match.

1 hour ago, Madness said:

Poor choice of words from Steph during Sting/Rollins feud.

stinrolinext_zpsaqdc3nxw.gif

22 minutes ago, the last outlaw said:

I've heard the reason/excuse why Sting lost to HHH is because at the time there was some talk it might have been Sting's last match.

Excuse is the right word. You don't plan for "ifs" and "maybes" like that. Also, there's nothing to be gained from jobbing to HHH, who despite being younger is at the same point in his career where he should be thinking about putting others over. All that, plus HHH has already had every win he's ever needed and then some with the WWE.

If it wasn't about HHH's ego, then Sting wouldn't have cut a promo bowing down to him in the lead up to Nighg of Champions. It was so jarring.

It was an accident but I wouldn't do a turnbuckle powerbomb with a guy in his late 50s.  I know Seth apologized to Sting for doing it and said he was honored to get wrestle Sting but.  That spot and the announce table powerbomb shouldn't have been done.

Was a filler episode, which kind of sucks given that they're just 2 weeks away. That AJ match with Owens was brilliant, but it's too bad about the weak ending. It's too much to ask for something a little definitive, lol.

Most storylines were advanced properly at least, but it was an underwhelming show. I will say just vignette cutting together the Shane and Undertaker footage from last weeks promo was better than that actual promo itself.

They have a lot left on their "to do" list next week,

52 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

Was a filler episode, which kind of sucks given that they're just 2 weeks away. That AJ match with Owens was brilliant, but it's too bad about the weak ending. It's too much to ask for something a little definitive, lol.

gotta love that beloved distraction roll-up finish wwe leans so heavily on LOL

38 minutes ago, Chris said:

Sounds like a dodged a big ol' turd tonight. 

a philadelphia crowd that was dead pretty much all night long. opening promo by steph, she tried the same shtick from last week (you people are all losers meh meh) crowd could not care any less. reigns came out-- the crowd was so unenthusiastic about this show, they didn't even bother to boo him, they all just groaned, so, mission accomplished if you're wwe. the only real reaction of the night was the new day getting a hero's welcome and the ambrose segment with terry funk. other than that, once mcmahon's music hit, i immediately went to fox to watch the end of big bang theory so i can watch gotham

7 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

gotta love that beloved distraction roll-up finish wwe leans so heavily on LOL

a philadelphia crowd that was dead pretty much all night long. opening promo by steph, she tried the same shtick from last week (you people are all losers meh meh) crowd could not care any less. reigns came out-- the crowd was so unenthusiastic about this show, they didn't even bother to boo him, they all just groaned, so, mission accomplished if you're wwe. the only real reaction of the night was the new day getting a hero's welcome and the ambrose segment with terry funk. other than that, once mcmahon's music hit, i immediately went to fox to watch the end of big bang theory so i can watch gotham

Combination boos and apathy for Reigns. Apathy was the running theme through the night. Sucks, but they didn't do anything to get them charged up. Their chants were even uncoordinated when they tried though. Like they could make noise for AJ Styles, but couldn't even give him a unified chant when he/they were literally asking for it. 

The beatdown of HHH was the worst offender in this regard. Just dead silence as Roman was he appeared, as he attacked him, and as HHH escaped. Then boos as they closed in on his face. Worst of both worlds in that kind of reaction. People seem to like that Roman that just beats up people, but when you have in the same show, that opening segment telling Stephanie to "Shhhhh" and that he's "The Authority now," they're not going to get anywhere with anything. I mean it was pretty much confirmed to be too little too late after right after Fast Lane, so there's nothing to really salvage here.

Even Ambrose got that "boring" chant for his part of being put into a "main event" match with Braun Strowman, which that crowd wanted nothing to do with. 

Crowd made a lot of people look irrelevant though, almost all of whom I like, just by being silent. But like I said before, it's not their job to make noise and enjoy. When a naturally and traditionally loud crowd sits on their hands, you're probably doing something wrong

10 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

The beatdown of HHH was the worst offender in this regard. Just dead silence as Roman was he appeared, as he attacked him, and as HHH escaped. Then boos as they closed in on his face. Worst of both worlds in that kind of reaction. People seem to like that Roman that just beats up people, but when you have in the same show, that opening segment telling Stephanie to "Shhhhh" and that he's "The Authority now," they're not going to get anywhere with anything. I mean it was pretty much confirmed to be too little too late after right after Fast Lane, so there's nothing to really salvage here.

that beat down, i went to rock a piss. i have no time for that, and hearing stephs screams like triple h was being stabbed by an unknown masked man, confirmed just how hoaky it all is. that reigns promo was just so god awful with the garbage these people write for this guy. "i'm the authority now" the crowd's just like "uuuughhh." you just can not take this guy seriously when he talks. he was a pretty good promo back in nxt but his character is dead on the main roster

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Sounds like a dodged a big ol' turd tonight. 

I'm guessin Math class was more entertaining.

You didn't miss anything. AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho is essentially as close to being confirmed without actually being so now, as the challenge has been issued, and the IC Title match is going forward without their involvement.

As for the IC Title match, it was confirmed. Don't read what's below if you want to watch Raw, because it will contain the only spoilers for the show.

Sami Zayn, The Miz, and Dolph Ziggler all come out to challenge Owens for the right to face him at Wrestlemania. He goes to the authority to arrange for a triple threat to decide who it is, and Steph agrees.

Later in the show he begins to announce the participants, but then swerves by announcing three "losers" in their place, in Stardust, Zach Ryder, and Sin Cara, pretty much on the premise that it wasn't specified who he had to put in the match. In the middle of it, the other 3 come to confront KO, and it spills over into the actual triple threat, which then ends in a no contest.

Owens goes to complain about the whole thing to Steph, and she does that annoying Authority thing where she chastizes someone for wasting her time and punishes him by making him face everyone.

The match is confirmed, as a 7-man ladder match for the title. Owens vs. Zayn vs. Miz vs. Zigger vs. Stardust vs. Ryder vs, Sin Cara.

Now I was hoping that triple threat would lead to a single opponent, because that's all I wanted to see (Zayn), but I could ultimately accept the presence of Ziggler and The Miz, who outside of AJ and Y2J, have been the most involved in the whole picture. So I wanted a single winner, but expected some sort of schmohz ending that got all of them in and turned it into a fatal four way match, that was maybe a ladder one.

The joke match was pretty funny, and an effective heel tactic, but the end effect of having all of these "joke" competitors thrown into the match hurts.

For me it goes like this. I absolutely love Owens and Zayn. I'm a big fan of both Miz and Ziggler. Stardust and Ryder I've really liked in the past, and both have deserve a lot better (especially Cody Rhodes, to a ridiculous/massive extent), and Sin Cara I don't hate. But they took a match that was already overbooked, and just nearly doubled the contingent by just throwing randoms into the match. I say that because 1) These guys barely show up on Raw, and if they do it's without storylines, and it's to lose 2) They have had nothing to do with Owens or the IC Title picture until just a few minutes prior when they were put in a joke match, questioning their capability.

I mean, I'm okay with everyone but Sin Cara winning, because it would give any of them a shot in the arm with momentum, and if it's something they could even potentially capitalize on, it would be cool. But it was already highly, highly questionable that the Miz or Ziggler even had a chance, without throwing those three others in the mix. This is almost a textbook case of overbooking a match. I thought the Battle Royal was created so that these guys like that would get a chance to appear and do something. We're talking about guys who appear on Main Event/Superstars at the moment, not Raw.

But whatever, it will probably still be a fun match to watch, as these mutli man ladder matches tend to be. It probably would have helped the legitimacy of the match if Neville was healthy. Sin Cara seems like he's just an emergency replacement for his injury.

Edit: I think Tyler Breeze would have been a better option, but they seem to be really hating on this guy, for whatever reason.

Edited by g_bassi13