The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

Guest Gumballthechewy

Speaking of soundtracks, I recommend Ravenous to anyone who enjoys creepy and powerful soundtracks similar to There Will Be Blood.

Ravenous is a movie about cannibals at a fort in the Sierra Nevada mountains in the late 1840's

It's a personal favourite of mine, I really love this movie.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm looking forward to Elysium because it's from the writer/director of District 9.

Yeah, me too!

I hope they make a sequel to District 9 still thought…

The Last Stand - 7/10: Obviously it's nowhere near as good as A Tale of Two Sisters or The Good, The Bad and The Weird, but for a first English film I think Kim Jee-Wood did a pretty good job here. The plot's mediocre at best and the dialogue is even worse, but the action scenes are well filmed and the town of Sommerset is really nicely fleshed out. It's also kind of fun seeing small town America through the eyes of a Korean. Anyway if you like it and you don't mind subtitles I REALLY recommend checking out The Good, The Bad and the Weird. That's a legitimately great movie.

Spring Breakers - 8/10: It's definitely not for everyone. But it's got two incredible scenes (the "look at my crap" scene and the Britney Spears montage), that I'll never forget, and that's more than I can say for most movies. Also James Franco is just goddamn amazing in this movie.

Pacific Rim - 6.5/10: I had such high hopes for this movie because of Del Toro's involvement, but other than a really awesome fight in the middle, and Idris Elba, it left me cold. The stuff that really excited me about it, and what everyone else seems to be raving about (Ron Pearlman, Charlie Day, the fight scenes) just didn't really gel for me. It's still worth seeing in theaters just for the second fight IMO, but it's very forgettable overall.

Spring Breakers - 8/10: It's definitely not for everyone. But it's got two incredible scenes (the "look at my crap" scene and the Britney Spears montage), that I'll never forget, and that's more than I can say for most movies. Also James Franco is just goddamn amazing in this movie

I couldn't even get through a quarter of the movie, let alone give it an 8/10. To each his own I guess haha.

I loved the chemistry between Pena and Gyllenhaal. So much bromance. My only problems were the handheld camera gimmick and the ending, it was so over the top.

Lol yeah they are like brothers. And yeah I can understand that, it was pretty hard to see what was going on in one of those scenes, the camera was all over the place.

End of watch

9/10

Loved the acting and storyline. Great movie that depicts the life of two beat cops in the streets of L.A in a bit of a documentary type film.

EDIT: Also, VERY funny at times :)

if you like that movie, I'd suggest a similar one made by the director/writer, David Ayer, called Harsh Times.

He also made Training Day of course.

Oblivion

... Don't want to bother with a rating, but I absolutely loved the movie. Have a lot to say about it, but it would take to long to type out, so I'll leave it at that.

Hard to even recommend the movie for many reasons, really, but I feel fortunate for having seen it.

Oblivion was a great story, descent twist, good acting all around i give it an 8/10. A little biased because I love Sci-fi but it was actually really well done.