The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van Tor

Id rather trade with Florida

Vancouver is now allowed to help with the burden of luongo's contract once he retired.

He could also agree to a situation where Florida aquires Luongo with the caveat of vancouver agreeing to buying him out inorder to get a maximum value of return for Luongo. This, would allow Luongo to negotiate a new contract with Florida.

Our needs, Top line RW so Burr can go fix the 2nd line, elite physical defenseman, a better 4th line. You can throw in 2nd line center until Kes gets back if you want. Hard to see any of that being acquired by doing a deal with the Leafs besides improving our 4th line?

I can't believe i'm going to say this, but i'd rather keep Luongo than trade him to the Leafs..Unless they're giving up JVR they can enjoy the "nhl calibre goaltending" they've got. As much as I dislike Luongo he is still better than what 90% of the league is sporting in net, i'm not suggesting we should get the world for him but if it doesn't address our needs then it's more valuable to have 2 elite goaltenders.

Archived