The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

yogolol

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. What goalie has made it to the SCF with the Canucks in the last decade?

2. What team averages 2.32 GPG in the playoffs and 1.14 GPG in the SCF, especially a team that is supposedly known for its scoring?

You may say it's getting old but Lu haters never acknowledge the fact that he actually never did get support. The whopping 2.32 is also inflated because Vancouver had 2-3 blowouts while winning most games by 1 or 2 goals. Luongo posted 4 shutouts in the playoffs. 3 of them were 1-0 wins.

4 Shutouts? That literally a quarter of the wins we need in the finals pretty much won by Luongo. That's an entire series' worth of wins, won by Luongo. How can you even suggest that Luongo did not play a massive role in our success? Did any other player single-handedly win us the game that many times? Burrows or Kesler, maybe once or twice, but that's about it.

The fact of the matter is, while Luongo had his terrible games, at least he more than made up for them with 4 manufactured wins along with another 6-8 solid games, whereas the rest of the team played well in the first 3 games of the QF and most of the CF. They absolutely sh!t the bed in the rest. If it wasn't for Kesler, we weren't getting past Nashville with the offense we were getting, and Luongo's 2 shutouts in the SCF only even wasn't enough to get us the cup.

2 shutouts in the SCF. Both 1-0 wins. And we STILL lose the cup. AND, we blame the goaltender? To escape punishment, Luongo had to literally have at least 1 shutout every series (which he pretty much did), and never ever ever let in more than 1 or 2 goals every single game, since we averaged around 2.32 GPG, and he had to let in a maximum of 1 goal every SCF game, since we average 1.41 GPG.

In conclusion, the Lu haters don't actually do their homework and check whether Lu should be to blame or not. It took me maybe 10 minutes to find all that information, and it seems I have more than enough evidence to safely conclude that Luongo was one of the only reasons we got this far. His meltdowns were not even close to as costly as the forward's mediocrity was, especially since he made up for it with a couple dazzling games.

So what?

Did the Devils lose those two games by the scores indicated? Was Brodeur in the net in those games? If we equate those two games to the two "meltdown" games by Luongo then it's pretty apparent that Brodeur cost the Devils the Cup. Any of your provided "reasons" (ie. excuses) don't cut it.

Go talk to King. He'll explain it all to you.

regards,

G.

Are you sure that you want to compare Lou to him?

The question was:

I provided you with one from just last year's SC finals. You want to put in qualifiers and make excuses for Brodeur to defend his play in losses which would be pinned on Luongo were we talking about the Canucks.

I see your position as being just a bit of a double standard.

regards,

G.

You have spent entirely too long saying the same thing that has been said a 1000 times.

This is the bottom line, there are stats you could pull up that would make you wonder why Lou is still an NHL goalie and stats you can pull up that make him look like a god. The reason is that he is about as inconsistent as it gets, he can go from looking like the best goalie in the league to the shakiest little boy hiding behind a mask. No one knows why a lot have stopped supporting him and just want a change. The coaching and management of the nucks agree with the masses and have made it clear that its time to change goalies, I could care less if you do or not, go sit in the basement of your mom and dads house and pray to your god Lou for all I care.

Cory may be the best prospect the Canucks have ever drafted and developed. He's a nuck from the start he's paid his dues and its time to give him the support he warrants.

Archived