The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

Luongo starts against the the Oilers..why?...He's on a roll and playing lights out...On the other hand,I bet Schneider is already penciled in against Minny because,historically,Luongo has always been terrible in the Wilds home rink.

Luongo is our go to net minder but for the life of me what are AV and MG playing at?

They either have had word down "from on high" that Cory will be another Lu or they are planning on trading Schneider OR they are looking to make the biggest mistake of their careers.

If Lu leaves and Cory doesn't cut it I will be very unhappy with the both of them. If we still intend to trade Lu then Schneider should be playing almost every night and to hell with the "hot hand"

We need to know if Cory has a "hot hand" before we are totally shafted in this matter.

pretty much this, if we're planning on trading Luongo then why is he getting so many starts? They aren't showcasing him, they don't need to, everyone already knows how good he is. If Schneider is going to be our starter they should be playing him so he can get used to handling the load, I think there's more going on here than we think.

And you know that they are not showcasing him because? If they were going to trade Cory they would be showcasing him and he would be playing tonight because unlike Lou he is not a proven vet goalie. I think there is less to it then you think but who's to say who is right only time will tell.

Guest Gumballthechewy

It's a short season, there's no time for back to back losses, play who's hot and deal with everything when the seasons over.

pretty much this, if we're planning on trading Luongo then why is he getting so many starts? They aren't showcasing him, they don't need to, everyone already knows how good he is. If Schneider is going to be our starter they should be playing him so he can get used to handling the load, I think there's more going on here than we think.

Just wow! We better keep Luongo forever and ever just in case Schneider cramps again!

Not trying to be disrespectful Tiger. I think you had a lot of valid points in your post overall, but the line I quoted above is a ridiculous argument why we should keep Luongo.

I also hope that one of 'em *cough Lu cough* gets traded soon and ends all the bickering and debate on the forums and in the media. All the drama can't be good for the team and until someone gets traded it will go on indefinitely. Each pregame starter decision will spark endless threads like this one and every PGT will be full of I-told-you-so's depending on the outcome.

Make it stop MG!

What ridiculous is thinking that cramp was an isolated occurance. Because he was dehydrated or didn't streatch well before the game. He himself admitted that that game 6 cramp was brought on by Anxiety. Sound familiar? Guess what he's not Superman. Emotions get to him to. It happened with the moose as well.More then once. Thats a fact look it up. If Cory is the last man standing through this we will throw him under the bus sooner then later. Keep lu in case Cory cramps up.lol. My thoughts run deeper then that. Do yours? I dont care who stays & who go's they are both good Goalies.

Archived