The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo starting tomorrow

cmpunk

schneider is the future has more years left in him luongo needs to be moved in the off season his time is closing and will soon be past his prime then we have to deal with an aging goalie also 8 games in doesn't change the plans for gillis to trade luongo

Luongo has choked too many times in the playoffs, regular season performance isn't any indication of whos the starter. Cory Schneider hasn't been kept all these years only to be traded when he's finally arrived as a starter and received a new contract .

Luongo will be traded at some point , count on it. Youth is the future.

Let me get this straight, some CDC'ers think that we should keep Lu and trade Schnieder because Lu has played 3 good games this year?

Well what happens when Lu goes cold and has 3 bad games? Those same fans will be calling for his head, but it will be too late, Schnieder will be gone and we'll be stuck with Lu, and he'll choke in the playoffs again and we'll lose a series we could have won with the more consistent Schnieder.

Lu's a superstar and will get a better return than Schneider because Lu has consistently put up good numbers year after year. Schnieds has only played 60 games in his NHL career. No team is going to give up a major player in return for an unproven goal tender but they will give up a major peice in return for a proven elite.

Lu had his chances in Van. Now it is time to pass the torch to Corey and give him a shot.

BREAKING NEWS: MG is in Washington and is currently using the sedins on our first line in order to showcase them for a trade. Only explanation right? Not because they are the sedins and are proven first liners.

ALSO RUMOR REPORT: Rumor has it aquilini is paying big bucks to opposition teams to shoot the puck directly at Luongo in order to showcase him for a trade. This could be the only reason he is playing well because its not like roberto is an elite goalie.

First off Lu and Schneidz are both great goalies and very classy people... I think we can all agree with that. The whole age factor argument does not make sense to me right now. I understand Schneidz is young and has a great career ahead of him (well at least projected to have a great NHL career) but we all know what we get in Lu. Everyone already knows he is a top 5 goalie (Drives me bonkers when people say "Oh he is playing because we are showcasing him". You don't need to showcase a guy that has played as many games as Lu, you look at his stats). Honestly, right now and most likely throughout this whole season Lu will perform better. This team has taken years upon years to get to this level and if we are going to win Lord Stanley it has to be now. I don't feel like waiting another 12-14 years for another cup run.

What I think a lot of people forget is Schneidz is not the end all be all... By the time Lu is ready to retire or on the decline there will be another goalie on the rise... Even if we traded Lu and kept Schneidz it doesn't mean the rest of the league is now screwed... It doesn't mean no one will ever have an up and coming stud between the pipes... Hell Look at our farm team... Last time I looked we already were breeding a couple of stallions.

The time to win is now and I believe Lu will give us the best chance to do that. Once again nothing against Schneidz.

Just my opinion thou. :)

Archived