The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Relationship With Vancouver: On Shaky Ground

King of the ES

"Sheep" are people who don't apply context to quotes, and just take them at their word. Did you take Cody Hodgson at his word last March, when he was asked point blank if he wanted to be traded out of Vancouver, and went on to completely dodge the question? By your guidelines, then, he neither asked for a trade nor was he upset with his role?

"Sheep" are people who listen to Cory Schneider's polished answers and actually believe that he's happy with what's going on here, and that Roberto Luongo is still hanging around. Those are sheep. Context needs to be a consideration, always.

A lot of people appear to think that I'm referencing the city of Vancouver, which is not correct. It's the Vancouver Canucks. I would guess that he loves the beautiful city of Vancouver, obviously, but there is a lot of evidence mounting that he perhaps has a problem with either AV/MG and the way they've handled these injuries of his.

You're the same hypocrite that calls people sheep, tells me that I'm an embarrassment, and then chirps somebody yesterday about how lame it is to use "personal insults" in response. :lol: Newsflash for Bertuzzi Babe: longevity does not equate to credibility on a message board. You have none.

Kesler obviously loves Vancouver, and wants to be a big part of the city for a long time. A millionaire doesn't go bag groceries and serve donuts just for s**ts and giggles.

On top of this, our D-core is generally excellent already, but without Kesler our team's most glaring need is obviously 2nd line center. So the trade proposed doesn't make a lick of sense.

After hearing AV's recent over-the-top assessment of Kesler's progress ("leaps and bounds"), I am beginning to question Ryan Kesler's future in this city.

AV's comments last year, related to how Kesler's injuries were not a factor in his non-performance, clearly did not go over well with RK17. And then there were Kurt Overhardt's actions in the off-season, declaring in December that Kesler was "months and months" away from a return, which varied greatly from Gillis' prognosis and clearly was not well-received by either the organization or the city at-large.

This sort of "smoke" is often a signal that there's fire in the background. See all of the signals with Cody, for proof: working out on his own, wanting multiple physician opinions, etc.

I'm beginning to wonder if a trade, along these lines, is in progress:

To NASHVILLE:

-Ryan Kesler

-Keith Ballard

-2013 1st

To VANCOUVER:

-Shea Weber

Kesler was obviously dominant against the Preds in 2011, and I do recall Ballard actually contributing in that series as well, with some good rushes and hipchecks. Both guys, IMO, would very much be "Nashville" types.

Thoughts?

I guess nobody remembers the little tilt they had last year, when AV suggested that Kesler needs to start using his linemates more?

Does this sound like they're on the same page?

“Me utilize my players?” Kesler said, before adding: “Obviously, I don’t know what he means by that and if he wants to say that he can come to me and talk to me about it.

“I am going to play my game, the things that have made me successful. I know what that is and if he wants to come talk to me he is more than welcome."

Archived