The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

To medium.png: Ivan Barbashev, David Jones

To medium.png: Mike Ribeiro, Kyle Okposo, Jonathon Blum, Calvin de Haan

Seems like a gross underpayment by Nashville to get a 95 potential, #2 overall pick in the 2014 STHS Draft...

FTR Barbashev scored 18 goals and 41 points in his first NHL season (0.5 PPG). Not bad for a rookie with a great future. Don't know what Dallas is thinking as Barbashev could easily be a star first line player in a season or two.

Seems like a gross underpayment by Dallas to get a 95 potential, #2 overall pick in the 2014 STHS Draft...

FTR Barbashev scored 18 goals and 41 points in his first NHL season (0.5 PPG). Not bad for a rookie with a great future. Don't know what Nashville is thinking as Barbashev could easily be a star first line player in a season or two.

Wat? I got Barbashev I didnt trade him lol

Oh ok, Was confused for a bit there lol .

Anyways Nashville is very happy to have added Ivan and David to our organization, we wanted to get younger for next season and Barbashev had a tremendous season as a 18 year old and should be getting a solid re rate, Ivan will likely be playing with Kadri and Pacioretty on the teams 2nd line. We hope David can finally find a home with us and be a good 3rd line player and chip in a few goals. We now have a good amount of cap space and will be hoping to continue to improve our squad in free agency.

We hope for nothing but success for Mike, Kyle, Calvin and Jonathon with our former assistant GMs squad, with BJ in charge things are trending upward!

Will post updated roster tomorrow!

My bad, got them mixed up. Premise remains unchanged. Barbashev could end up just as good, if not better than Jamie Benn, the player he was supposed to replace in Dallas :picard:

He could, but I'm operating under the premise that there won't be many free agents desperate to sign in Dallas and there are A TON of holes on this team. This addresses most of them.

Defense still needs a lot of work, but the forward group is starting to look NHL calibre.

Besides, unless you give Barbashev an unprecedented bump during re-rates, I'm still winning this deal in the short term. Or you're just upset you didn't get him.

Phew, this lineup will barely fit under the cap. It might look a bit different before next season starts though.

Hall-Malkin-Eberle

Ott-Gagner-Gerbe

Kulemin/Penner-Zajac-Lander

Hamilton-Pitlick-Rieder/?

Phaneuf-Whitney

Martin-Tyutin

Gudbranson-Stoner

Bryzgalov

Roy

Archived