The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC STHS Hockey League (Season 3)

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around. I have good reasons why. A little while ago I started a new job and about 10 days ago I ended up getting really sick. The sickness kind of went away but shortly after I ended up having lung issues so I've been in and out of the hospital 3 times in the last week or so. So sorry I haven't been around.

Wow Chimera and Cammalleri have really clicked. I knew my team could do damage once I could get a 2nd line going.

Maybe I won't have to do a total rebuild, more-so retool on the fly.

Grabner a cancer? Maybe.

Prospect pool looks great up-front with Morin, Teravainen, McNeill, Sutter, Hertl, Shalunov and Lekhonen.

Back to back wins after losing three in a row.. woot!

Nashville is looking to upgrade their 2nd line wing! Package including Beck, Lombardi, De Haan and a 1st has been discussed... Watson/Wilson could also be included if the forward is an elite 2nd liner... pm if interested

Hmmmm, I have to wonder if this will be one of the last times anyone gets Ilya Kovalchuk in a fantasy league for quite awhile, odd feeling.

I'm in shock over his retirement, never in a million years would I have expected him to walk away from $77M

I would have said there was a higher chance of Rick Dipietro being traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins than Ilya Kovalchuk randomly retiring like this, crazy.

Hmmmm, I have to wonder if this will be one of the last times anyone gets Ilya Kovalchuk in a fantasy league for quite awhile, odd feeling.

I'm in shock over his retirement, never in a million years would I have expected him to walk away from $77M

I would have said there was a higher chance of Rick Dipietro being traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins than Ilya Kovalchuk randomly retiring like this, crazy.

I think he's going home for family reasons, and he can make plenty of money in the K anyway, tax free

I think he's going home for family reasons, and he can make plenty of money in the K anyway, tax free

or maybe the 20mil a season he's going to make in Russia?

I don't blame him in the slightest, if I could make more money at home, closer to my family & friends, and completely dominate my country's best league... I'd do it too, lol

I don't blame him in the slightest, if I could make more money at home, closer to my family & friends, and completely dominate my country's best league... I'd do it too, lol

Agreed, plus in Russia he'll be treated as a star returning home, instead of always getting slammed for his contract issue from fans in north america

I felt so jerked around that I pulled some strings and had the real Ilya retire, because if I can't have him, no one can.

:bigblush:

I felt so jerked around that I pulled some strings and had the real Ilya retire, because if I can't have him, no one can.

:bigblush:

Crom, my not accepting our trade for Kovalchuk, I love you bubba! But I feel bad for TheDeadman. I get a good return and he's left with nothing. :(

Meh, no big deal, he's got to be mine till the end of the season at least.

and on the plus side, Datsyuk re-signed.

But if Kovalchuk goes to the K, then I guess Insom keeps him.

Honestly, I don't want him, if hes done in the NHL, he's done, I'll take the "penalty" and work through it; and nobody should be able to acquire him until he inevitably comes back sometime down the line; Other players in the league, such as Andy Mcdonald who has also retired mid-season in STHS dues to concussion issues have not been removed from Caboose's roster, so I expect I get to keep Kovy at least till the end of the season - from there, I'd like to see what he does IRL.

On top of that, at least I'm better off than NJ, who has to give up a lottery pick IRL, Yikes! lol

Archived