The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How would Julien coach Zack Kassian?

J.I.A.H.N

I was thinking about Lucic and Marchand yesterday. Wondering how they would look in a Canuck uniform. Then I said nah............AV would not let them be who they are. They stir sh.t. They do what they want to, to a point, and they are out next shift, right after they get out of the penalty box. But by letting them be their selves, they intimidate, throwing other teams off, and giving themselves room. Trust me, do you think the Sedins don't know when they are on the ice?

This leads me back to how would Julien coach Kassian? Just a question. What do you think?

He'd let him play the game that got him drafted, that's how. Ever noticed many players that come to this organization stop playing the game theyre known for while AV has been in charge?

It's not just Julien.

Todd McLellan puts Burns up on the forward line with no real system for him. They don't know what the heck he'll do on any given shift. And they love him for it.

Can you imagine any player under AV being allowed to improvise? They'd find themselves in the press box or in Chicago in nothing flat.

Archived