The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

which is more devastating for the players - the finals loss or these last 2 exits?

samurai

I actually think these last two exits because the team has been exposed as guys who act and talk a tough game and nothing more. I will include the nuck's management as well, especially MG.

At least in the finals they left it on the ice and could walk away with pride. It isn't the case with the last two years.

The positive from all of this is that the organization can do a little soul searching and hopefully make the right decisions that will but this franchise back on the proper path. I don't mean just firing and trading everyone (people need to go though).

Let me talk all you meatheads down from the ledge.

You all have short term memory loss.

This is the culmination of a lockout shortened, injury riddled, mulligan season. It's a freebie - go out and try and win it and if not, regroup for the REAL season next year....you know what I'm talking about....realignment, preseason with a full 82 games, east vs west etc etc.

4 months ago the majority of you had such a hate on for the players and worshiped the litigious ground the management strutted on and everyone one of you professed your disdain and you weren't going to support the league or buy tickets or spend a dime on merchandise on and on blah blah. 14 year olds discussing "make whole". What a joke social media on steroids has become.

Instead you want massive changes to the core, fire the coaching staff, run the GM out of the league. Put down your XBox controllers and try to come to grips with things. Let go of your 2011 love affair and try to chin up a bit.

Life is always clearer in the rear view mirror than it is through the windshield.

Cup Finals loss because of everything it had leading up to it. The nearly blown 3-0 lead to Chicago with Burrows winning it in OT.

Kesler in the Nashville series showing that not only does he have an extra gear for the playoffs, he has 3 extra gears provided he is healthy and that he is absolutely the game changer on the team.

Mauling the Sharks on the PP en route to the finals and winning the series in 5.

Finally, having a 2-0 lead in the Cup Finals. I truly thought after going up 2-0 there was no way he wouldn't win the Cup simply out of the inertia of having a 2-0 series lead.

The finals loss because even though I noticed bad coaching moves from AV back then, we still BSed our way through esp after almost losing to the hawks.

The losses to LA and SJ didn't completely surprise me while the finals run did which hurt more. Unless there's a huge talent differential or hot goaltending, I feel badly coached teams can win 1 or 2 games based upon the stars aligning.I thought that's what game 2 would be but I doubt our goaltending can be that hot and kesler can be in beast mode again for that to happen.

For the fans, the finals loss.

For the team, the last two series. After the finals, (I think they thought they could regroup and get another chance the next season. An early exit this year will mean that this tight nit group will be split and re-tooled; although some of them may be grateful for that.

For the fans, the finals loss.

For the team, the last two series. After the finals, (I think they thought they could regroup and get another chance the next season. An early exit this year will mean that this tight nit group will be split and re-tooled; although some of them may be grateful for that.

Archived