The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

REASONS FOR OPTIMISM: What are you excited for?

GLASSJAW

-Kesler (showed he can still play despite the injuries)

-Hansen (continued his hardworking physical play, and is contributing more and more on the scoresheet)

-Corrado (very pleasant surprise)

-Schroeder (showed he can keep up in the NHL, can hopefully earn a full time spot next year)

-Kassian (still inconsistent but better than last year. Now has another year of NHL experience and can hopefully step up next year)

Guest Dasein

1. New GM

2. Goaltending situation coming to an end (I would love to keep Luongo, but the way we mistreated him, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants out, and that we have no choice but to keep Schneider)

3. New Coach

4. New players surrounding the core

5. Young guns (Tanev, Corrado, Schroeder, Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce)

6. 2013 NHL Draft - will we get a high draft pick for a goaltender?

New Coaching Staff (leading to a more Dynamic Leash-off offense style)

Players actually competing for ice Time !! (No one should be safe)

Higher Draft Pick (perhaps #2 pick from florida for Luo ++ .. and take back one of their $$$ guys (buyout) <-- one can dream

New Powerplay (that drop pass has to go)

I think 1 thing is for sure we all Just want a better more entertaining product on the ice..

that competes every single next (for more than 20 mins a game)

what schneider will do without the luongo ghost hanging over his head...

1. New coaches. Hopefully a more offensive minded Head Coach and an assistant who is an ex-defenceman and can work and guide our young defenceman (Edler, Tanev,Corrado) like Larry Robinson did with San Jose.

2. Bringing in some new players to revitalize the core.

3. A switch to some youth. With the cap going down and the "core" getting older, the Canucks will have to start playing some youth. Hopefully a new coach will let guys like Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen and maybe Gaunce play and learn on the fly.

Archived