The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Non Flammable Edition - WARNING NO FLAMING

Wetcoaster

The party that wins can claim to have the better election plan - not to be confused with actual policy or planning or even doing anything. It simply means they sold what ever message they had better than the other party.

Agreed.

This election is more about people being mad at the Liberals, not wanting an NDP government.

The only hope for a long shot liberal win, is that many people take a second to remember the 90's before they tick NDP.

I didn't vote and either did anyone I know plus family members. There must be a ton of non votes. I don't complain either I just look at it as all garbage politics and things have generally been the same for me since I started paying taxes. No real change just dirty politics.

In fact I was at the gym - there was a polling station right there and not a single person I spoke to in the gym voted either. Another friend of mine I train with didn't even know there was a vote LOL.

I didn't vote and either did anyone I know plus family members. There must be a ton of non votes. I don't complain either I just look at it as all garbage politics and things have generally been the same for me since I started paying taxes. No real change just dirty politics.

In fact I was at the gym - there was a polling station right there and not a single person I spoke to in the gym voted either. Another friend of mine I train with didn't even know there was a vote LOL.

They fought for a good many things not just the right to vote. Also the right not to vote. People are free to do what they want and you can't blame so many for hating politics. It's simply not for everyone. The problem is I just don't care. I went from trying to get into politics and not liking any of it to throwing my vote to minorities to deciding I just flat out don't care anymore.

The last 2 years have been far worse than the 90's.

But on one point I do agree - we tend to fire goverments rather than elect them. I would hate to see the NDP win as big as Gordo did when they decimated the NDP to 2 seats. That 4 year period was some of the most corrupt times in our history and bent that pendulium so far to the right that it only has one way to go - flying back to the left.

NDP - 51

Liberal - 31

Independent - 3

Green - 0

BC Conservative - 0

Independent seats will go to Bob Simpson (Carriboo- North),  Arthur Hadland (Peace River North), Vicki Huntington (Delta South)

Green's will come close in Oak Bay but sadly I think vote spliting with the NDP will give the riding 4 more years of Ida.wow was I ever off :(

Archived