The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC General Election May 14, 2013 - Non Flammable Edition - WARNING NO FLAMING

Wetcoaster

Well...I just got a call from the automated Liberals messaging service "Adrian Dix and his out of control spending..." blah blah blah....

How can Dix have out of control spending when he hasn't even been elected yet?

I didn't receive a call like that from the NDP.

If the NDP made the same claim they would be crucified. To acheive her goal they would have to raise taxes by 40% or more across the board and some cuts on top of it. We would require over 200 Billion in extra tax revenue over that period to pay off the debt. That means approx 13.3 Billion each year over 15 years would be required to be paid.

Considering most of the damage to the education system was done with her at the helm, and given the age of her children at the time, yup, I'd say it's pretty damning evidence. Could you imagine her precious little boy in a class of 33? No? Neither could she but she certainly made it a possibility for those of us who are dependant on the public system. If someone is going to make slashing cuts to the education system it might be a little easier to swallow if they were actually subject to the same cuts they impose.

It is completely inappropriate and I hope Elections BC ensures the value of that media released endorsement is counted towards their overall donation total.

It is one thing for an editorial to support one party over the other but they way they have endorsed the BC Liberal means they are no longer a news paper but a tabloid rag. Just like when they announced a few elections back that no one needed to vote for the NDP because they declared themselves to be the official opposition.

Is the Province registered to run adds in support of the parties? I find it unprofessional for them to use the media opening into homes that they have to endorse either party - that's not news - its political bias.

Archived