The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goal Scoring Woes & Being Bullied - Gone!

1.) Luongo, Schroeder, Sauve, 1st/2nd <-> Wayne Simmonds, Sean Couturier, 3rd/4th

- Philly gets goalie which will make them a contender right away again. Trade or buyout Bryz. Schroeder gone makes sense b/c team is getting bigger, and Schroeder doesn't fit that.

2.) Edler, midround-late pick <-> Bobby Ryan

- Self explanatory

3.) Booth <-> Mark Fayne

- Fayne is a young, big bodied defender. Jersey gets new offensive depth.

4.) Ballard, 5th <-> Matt Martin

- Isles get top 4 dman to replace Streit and mid/late pick. We solidify our 4th line with Martin (leagues leading hitter)

4.) Sign: Anton Babchuk 3 years, $2.125 mill annual. Alberts 2 years $1.25 mill annual. Lappy 3 years, $1 mill annual. Tanev 3 years, $1.5 mill annual. Torres 3 years $1.75 mill. Weise 1/2 year(s) $600K annual. Goalie 1/2 years, $1 mill annual. Extra depth signings too which I do not want to do..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows ($16.7)

Simmonds - Kesler - Ryan ($14.075)

Torres - Couturier - Kassian ($3.995)

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen ($4.85)

[Martin, Weise, Jensen, Gaunce]

Hamhuis - Bieksa ($9.1)

Garrison - Babchuk ($6.725)

Corrado - Tanev (2.099)

[Fayne, Alberts, FA]

Schneider, FA ($5)

[Lack, Cannata]

Caphit = $62.544

Team is all around complete. Hits, scores, defensively reliable, and most of all, young guns are slotted in the lineup to play, get experience, and develop. Hire a coach like Peter Laviolette or Mike Babcock if they're relived of his duties since they have the smarts to actually play youngsters and can coach to expectations (Give Laviolette a break...he had Bryz in net lol). Team transforms according to comments MG has made (getting younger, following trend/bigger/hitting, and gets rid of scoring woes). Teams size grows exponentially. Stanley Cup. Armchair GM for the win.

1.) Luongo, Schroeder, Sauve, 1st/2nd <-> Wayne Simmonds, Sean Couturier, 3rd/4th

- Philly gets goalie which will make them a contender right away again. Trade or buyout Bryz. Schroeder gone makes sense b/c team is getting bigger, and Schroeder doesn't fit that.

2.) Edler, midround-late pick <-> Bobby Ryan

- Self explanatory

3.) Booth <-> Mark Fayne

- Fayne is a young, big bodied defender. Jersey gets new offensive depth.

4.) Ballard, 5th <-> Matt Martin

- Isles get top 4 dman to replace Streit and mid/late pick. We solidify our 4th line with Martin (leagues leading hitter)

4.) Sign: Anton Babchuk 3 years, $2.125 mill annual. Alberts 2 years $1.25 mill annual. Lappy 3 years, $1 mill annual. Tanev 3 years, $1.5 mill annual. Torres 3 years $1.75 mill. Weise 1/2 year(s) $600K annual. Goalie 1/2 years, $1 mill annual. Extra depth signings too which I do not want to do..

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows ($16.7)

Simmonds - Kesler - Ryan ($14.075)

Torres - Couturier - Kassian ($3.995)

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen ($4.85)

[Martin, Weise, Jensen, Gaunce]

Hamhuis - Bieksa ($9.1)

Garrison - Babchuk ($6.725)

Corrado - Tanev (2.099)

[Fayne, Alberts, FA]

Schneider, FA ($5)

[Lack, Cannata]

Caphit = $62.544/u]

Team is all around complete. Hits, scores, defensively reliable, and most of all, young guns are slotted in the lineup to play, get experience, and develop. Hire a coach like Peter Laviolette or Mike Babcock if they're relived of his duties since they have the smarts to actually play youngsters and can coach to expectations (Give Laviolette a break...he had Bryz in net lol). Team transforms according to comments MG has made (getting younger, following trend/bigger/hitting, and gets rid of scoring woes). Teams size grows exponentially. Stanley Cup. Armchair GM for the win

I Like this proposal..... Very well done.. minus signing Clarkson ( not in the line up and looks good already )

That and also dont think the islanders give up Martin. But i really think the Edler / Ryan deal could happen. and would like to see the Philly deal happen might need a little more pick or prospect going one way kind of thing but....... could happen

I Like this proposal..... Very well done.. minus signing Clarkson ( not in the line up and looks good already )

That and also dont think the islanders give up Martin. But i really think the Edler / Ryan deal could happen. and would like to see the Philly deal happen might need a little more pick or prospect going one way kind of thing but....... could happen

Wow that Philly deal is just idiotic. I actually burst out laughing, teams don't trade top 10 talent and big skilled power forwards for leftovers.

It would take Schneider + edler + a 1st at least to get those 2 players.

Archived