The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could only keep one player who would it be?

JS40

If you rebuild the team, logic would dictate that you do so around a player that will be in their prime and ready to come up big for the organization by the time the rebuild is complete. Saying a player like Kesler isn't best because 4-5 years down the line, when this team would be ready to contend again (ideally), he would be 2-3 years north of 30. We'd want our core to be young and age together, not fall off at scattered intervals. Considering that, I'd say Zack Kassian. The young, potential elite power forward prospect is a player that would be perfect to have in a rebuild, especially if we're gearing for the physical style of play that requires big top 6 players (LA, St. Louis, Boston, NYR).

Schneider rather easily. Closely followed by Hamhuis

Sedins are soft, Kesler is becoming injury prone and has attitude problems. Burrows is declining hard, Edler is bad in the defensive zone, Luongo is past his prime, Bieksa is declining and has defensive issues.

I would say schneidz.

However it is all about lu's value, if all we get is a 4th rounder (downplaying his value here) then why not trade scneider to philly for 11th overall and use the van pick on Fucale as lu would be done 5 years from now when fucale is nhl ready.

(we have something going on developing goalies)

For all if you picking Schneider...jeez! This kid is suppose to help the other kid(lack) become an NHL goalie. The blind leading te blind! Did we not get a taste of Cory being the starter..how'd that go? Shake your heads! My player would be kassian! And build around the next Todd brrtuzzi!

Archived